Comodo firewall should be much better than Windows firewall. I haven't tried it with Win 7 as I use Avira Premium Suite.
I don't use either Ad-Aware or Windows Defender.
Spyware Guard (keep it updated) and Spyware Blaster both work great with Win 7. SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/products.html Spyware Guard is a real-time malware scanner SpywareBlaster tutorial: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Using_SpywareBlaster_to_protect_your_computer_from_Spyware_Hijackers_and_Malware-tut49.html Spyware Guard tutorial: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Using_SpywareGuard_to_protect_your_computer_from_Spyware_and_Hijackers-tut50.html
If you want another anti-spyware tool to run periodic scans, you can use MalwareBytes Anti-malware. There is a free version, but just remember to update it often! |MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.34 *Small tutorial*
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.