|15 Mar 2009||#2|
Comodo firewall should be much better than Windows firewall. I haven't tried it with Win 7 as I use Avira Premium Suite.
I don't use either Ad-Aware or Windows Defender.
Spyware Guard (keep it updated) and Spyware Blaster both work great with Win 7.
SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard:
Spyware Guard is a real-time malware scanner
Spyware Guard tutorial:
If you want another anti-spyware tool to run periodic scans, you can use MalwareBytes Anti-malware. There is a free version, but just remember to update it often!
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.34
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
|My System Specs|
|16 Mar 2009||#8|
Just one word on Comodo firewall, Have used this on a lot of machines up to and including Vista but found that it had issues with the early pre -Beta builds of Windows 7 - have not checked on the last couple of builds but will probably re-asses at RC stage or if Comodo issue a "windows7 Specific" version before that.
In the interim am using the built in firewall plus "Vista Firewall Control" app, (behind router firewall too)
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Firewall + Antispyware|
|Two Antispyware Programs?||System Security|
|Activating Antivirius/Antispyware/Firewall||System Security|
|Malware/Antispyware Implementation||System Security|
|A squared antispyware||System Security|
|antispyware for win7 7201||System Security|
|Fake Antispyware||System Security|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.