I suggest cleaning temp files and running an anti-malware application as well and, if everything is ok on your computer, emptying the Avast quarantine.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune from ATF-Cleaner.exe - www.atribune.org
. Save it to your Desktop.
Run ATF Cleaner
- Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
- Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
- Click the Empty Selected button.
- Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
- Shutdown/restart the computer.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, be sure Quick scan is selected, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, EXCEPT items in System Restore as shown in this sample:
- Click Remove Selected.
To clean the Avast quarantine vault:
- Start Avast by right clicking the program icon (@) and selecting Start Avast Antivirus
- When the program is running (it will run a memory scan to start with, but this can be skipped )
- Right click anywhere on the interface and a Menu will appear
- Select Virus Chest
- Select ALL infected files
- Right click and select Delete
- Accept the warning
- Done. You can exit the menu.