Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: There's No Menu For "Back Up Or Restore Your Files"

24 Jan 2010   #1
OceanicMemory

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
There's No Menu For "Back Up Or Restore Your Files"

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance as I am not computer-intelligent. I also apologize if this is the wrong section to post this issue in.

When I attempt to back-up my computer, this is the menu that pops-up.
http://i49.tinypic.com/afam9f.png

I've tired restarting my computer (obviously) and it didn't change anything at all. I don't mess with the registry, although I use Windows 7 Manager to clean the registry. I back-up the registry before cleaning it and I've tried to use the very first registry back up created and again, it changed nothing.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Jan 2010   #2
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OceanicMemory View Post
Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance as I am not computer-intelligent. I also apologize if this is the wrong section to post this issue in.

When I attempt to back-up my computer, this is the menu that pops-up.
http://i49.tinypic.com/afam9f.png

I've tired restarting my computer (obviously) and it didn't change anything at all. I don't mess with the registry, although I use Windows 7 Manager to clean the registry. I back-up the registry before cleaning it and I've tried to use the very first registry back up created and again, it changed nothing.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
this is how it should look -capture.jpg

I think you might have erased something important

goto a command prompt right click run as admin and type sfc /scannow (observe the space) and see if that fixes any corrupt or lost dlls >?

if this doesn't help try a system restore ?

let us know how you get on


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #3
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Or you could see if this tutorial helps,
Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jan 2010   #4
OceanicMemory

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Or you could see if this tutorial helps,
Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration
Yes!
This tutorial fixed this issue in 5 seconds, thanks a lot.

And thanks to the other person for responding.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #5
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OceanicMemory View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Or you could see if this tutorial helps,
Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration
Yes!
This tutorial fixed this issue in 5 seconds, thanks a lot.

And thanks to the other person for responding.
You're Welcome. Glad you got it fixed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #6
Corrine

Windows 7 & Windows Vista Ultimate
 
 

Edit- I see the problem was fixed while I was composing.

Registry cleaners tend to do more damage than good. You may want to remove that tool from your computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #7
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

It is not a good idea to mess with the registry (unless you really, really know what you are doing) - especially in Vista and Win7 that is completely counterproductive. I suggest you trash your registry cleaner and never touch it again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 There's No Menu For "Back Up Or Restore Your Files"




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Restore Point - Add "Create Restore Point" to Context Menu in Windows
How to Add "Create Restore Point" to Context Menu in XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 This tutorial will show you how to add "Create Restore Point" to the desktop and folder window context menu in XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to...
Tutorials
Reset/restore "Frequently Used Programs" in start menu
Hi all :) I've been searching for an hour to find out how to restore my Win7 Start Menu's list of frequently used programs to factory settings. :sleepy: I've clicked 'remove from list' for several programs, and I want to reset all the counts and exclusions to like it is when you first install...
Customization
Remove "Restore previous versions" and "Share with" from context menu
Hello! ... How about removing these two: "Restore previous versions" and "Share with"
Customization
How to fix (revert back) win 7 in "Choices OS" menu
Guys, I have a little problem and I need ur help. Here's the thing: Few days ago I've tried to re-install Win XP at my friends computer (updated Xp from May 2013 with some optional tools etc.) but the installation itself failed and showed me an error saying "Setup is being restarted" and then...
Installation & Setup
Removing "Save & Restore Icon Positions" from Context Menu
I know it's here somewhere. A while back I found a Tutorial here on how to add "Save Icon Positions" and "Restore Icon Positions" to the context menu. I am sure while there, I also found a way to remove it. Could someone please point me to the right spot?
General Discussion
Macrium Reflect "Restore" program finds NO files, no *.mrimg files!
Having carefully customised my new computer, I thought it would be wise to create a backup of my c: drive with all of its customizations. (As my computer is a Dell computer I had already used the Dell backup program to create a Factory Default backup/restore disc on 3 DVDs. And that Factory...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App