Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Avast Bug

10 Mar 2010   #1
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 
Avast Bug

It looks like the developer needs to give it some more time before releasing a new version every twice a week. I have re-installed Avast and still getting the same issue.
There is no scan options.

-capture.png

So I uninstalled Avast using Revo uninstaller and reinstalled Avast, it fixed the issue, finally!




My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #2
mitchell64

Windows Seven Home Premium 32bit SP1
 
 

Hallo Dinesh, it may be a 64bit problem as i have done update through program followed by uninstall then reinstall with the new installer on two 32 bit machines & not encountered any problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #3
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Never had the problem..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #4
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell64 View Post
Hallo Dinesh, it may be a 64bit problem as i have done update through program followed by uninstall then reinstall with the new installer on two 32 bit machines & not encountered any problems
its happened on my brothers Win Xp, so thats not it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #5
mark5019

windows 7 pro
 
 

7 64 here no probs with it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #6
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

It could be just a bug.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #7
DreemWarrior

Windows 7 ultimate X64
 
 

Nor have I had any issues with the updates....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2010   #8
manhunter2826

Windows XP - Now Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
 
 

No probs with 64-bit Home Premium here, but have just noticed that boot-time scanner is not available - it says only available under 32-bit. Is this going to be a security prob? Thanks all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2010   #9
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manhunter2826 View Post
No probs with 64-bit Home Premium here, but have just noticed that boot-time scanner is not available - it says only available under 32-bit. Is this going to be a security prob? Thanks all.
should not be a security prob. but it may make getting rid of some viruses harder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2010   #10
manhunter2826

Windows XP - Now Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manhunter2826 View Post
No probs with 64-bit Home Premium here, but have just noticed that boot-time scanner is not available - it says only available under 32-bit. Is this going to be a security prob? Thanks all.
should not be a security prob. but it may make getting rid of some viruses harder.
Thanks cloud; such a shame. I wonder why Avast have not resolved this. I've used Avast for several years and now might have to change to a different AV I'll wait and see perhaps...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Avast Bug




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Avast Bug
Thread Forum
Solved avast System Security
MSE vs Avast System Security
Avast System Security
Avast System Security
Avast 5 or MSE System Security
Can I use Avast with Norton 2010?Is Avast is light AV? System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App