Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What do you suppose the Government uses ?

11 Mar 2010   #1
JordanJP

Windows 7 baby ! : D
 
 
What do you suppose the Government uses ?

What do you think the US Government for instance, would use to protect their computer systems and networks ?

I think either they use Norton or Kaspersky, or maybe they just stick with the built in Windows firewall and opt for MSE in order to save cash !


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Mar 2010   #2
JordanJP

Windows 7 baby ! : D
 
 

hey whatever works works !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #3
cloud8521

 

maybe they use their own blend? maybe they even use their own os
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Mar 2010   #4
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

They always use the lowest bidder or highest briber.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #5
Little Darwin

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

The Postal Service uses Norton for Antivirus (and perhaps other aspects as well)... Plus a series of enterprise class firewalls and proxy servers and other tools to detect and erradicate problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #6
Bootz

Vista Business x64
 
 

I would sure hope they use there own, in fact im almost positive they do. Its pry a lot more complex then just a simple av and firewall.

I know the military has a contract with dell, for what im not exactly sure though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #7
JordanJP

Windows 7 baby ! : D
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bootz View Post
I would sure hope they use there own, in fact im almost positive they do. Its pry a lot more complex then just a simple av and firewall.

I know the military has a contract with dell, for what im not exactly sure though.
hmm If that's the case then I wonder why companies can't provide premium advanced high standard complex firewalls and AV's like the military would use, for consumers ?

Shouldn't WE ALL be able to benefit from the best highest form of security known to mankind ? I bet, there would a lot less viruses and spyware and other security threats If that were the case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #8
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bootz View Post
I would sure hope they use there own, in fact im almost positive they do. Its pry a lot more complex then just a simple av and firewall.

I know the military has a contract with dell, for what im not exactly sure though.
hmm If that's the case then I wonder why companies can't provide premium advanced high standard complex firewalls and AV's like the military would use, for consumers ?

Shouldn't WE ALL be able to benefit from the best highest form of security known to mankind ? I bet, there would a lot less viruses and spyware and other security threats If that were the case.
If they sold it to the public then hackers would have access to it and may be able to hack around it. Hard to hack something you don't know anything about.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #9
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
What do you think the US Government for instance, would use to protect their computer systems and networks ?
Consultants and cost overruns.


Name:  3dbainsoleil.gif
Views: 84
Size:  31.8 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2010   #10
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
What do you think the US Government for instance, would use to protect their computer systems and networks ?
Consultants and cost overruns.


Attachment 60239


well there is a reason they have something called FIPS (for non-mil) most likely they use software that abides by these standards...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What do you suppose the Government uses ?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Why would you need UEFI if 64 bit system is suppose to protect
Why would you need UEFI if 64 bit system is suppose to protect you from the rootkits? I have been doing some reading about UEFI it is confusing, a few sites say ignore what you read on other sites. Wouldn't 3rd party backup software fail with UEFI enabled? I read Ubuntu and other Linux...
General Discussion
While updating Graphics driver is the screen suppose to turn black?
I'm a bit worried basically I was updating Intel graphics driver and while it was updating the screen went black for a couple of seconds then the screen was back to normal. I'm using a windows 7 laptop
Graphic Cards
Haveing trouble indentifying my suppose 32g SSD on my HP DM4 3090SE
is there anyway i can check? also again it didnt come with a manual. Anyone else have this laptop?
General Discussion
Was i suppose to recieve a Windows reinstall CD with my new laptop?
hey guys just wondering, i bought an HP DM4 yesterday an noticed there wasnt anything in the box regarding recorvery disk or windows reinstall disk. An IT co worker informed me that i should have recieved a windows disk just incase my computer OS died on me and i needed to reinstall fresh. ...
General Discussion
It's Suppose to be Summer - down here anyways
Had a storm go through Melbourne earlier today. Thankfully for me it was the northern suburbs. The car would have been a mess. Violent white Christmas in Victoria
Chillout Room
U.S Government going to W7
I found this and thought you all might want to read it. The V.A. and U.S. Air Force are making the jump to Windows 7 first to be followed by the other government agencies. Air Force starts long trek to Windows 7 -- Defense Systems
News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App