Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ljpdea.dll, trojan generic17.jsf


20 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
ljpdea.dll, trojan generic17.jsf

for some reason I keep getting a pop up from AVG saying ljpdea.dll is infected every 1 minute or so. it wont stop, I have used malwarebytes, avg, and other scanners to remove the infected files. it keeps popping up though. any help please?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Mar 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by agentlsk View Post
for some reason I keep getting a pop up from AVG saying ljpdea.dll is infected every 1 minute or so. it wont stop, I have used malwarebytes, avg, and other scanners to remove the infected files. it keeps popping up though. any help please?
Boot into safe mode (F8) and delete it. Then run a full virus scan.


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by agentlsk View Post
for some reason I keep getting a pop up from AVG saying ljpdea.dll is infected every 1 minute or so. it wont stop, I have used malwarebytes, avg, and other scanners to remove the infected files. it keeps popping up though. any help please?
Boot into safe mode (F8) and delete it. Then run a full virus scan.


Ken
forgot to say thay ive deleted it over 50 times and it comes right back in the C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Windows Server folder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

it says the process is explorer.exe and the AVG tray
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2010   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by agentlsk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by agentlsk View Post
for some reason I keep getting a pop up from AVG saying ljpdea.dll is infected every 1 minute or so. it wont stop, I have used malwarebytes, avg, and other scanners to remove the infected files. it keeps popping up though. any help please?
Boot into safe mode (F8) and delete it. Then run a full virus scan.


Ken
forgot to say thay ive deleted it over 50 times and it comes right back in the C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Windows Server folder
Ok lets get serious with this nasty. What av are you using?


Do you have a backup to restore from prior to your infection?

Do you have the win 7 dvd?

When you run the AV do you have it check ram as well?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by agentlsk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Boot into safe mode (F8) and delete it. Then run a full virus scan.


Ken
forgot to say thay ive deleted it over 50 times and it comes right back in the C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Windows Server folder
Ok lets get serious with this nasty. What av are you using?


Do you have a backup to restore from prior to your infection?

Do you have the win 7 dvd?

When you run the AV do you have it check ram as well?

Ok, Im going to try a restor 3 days earlier. it just started today so maybe this will fix it. Im using AVG internet security and no I dont have a windows 7 cd.
let me do this restore and ill tell you how it goes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

ok a restore did nothing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Version 6.1 (build 7600.16385)
 
 

Hello there!

Please consider switching to another AV if you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #9

Windows 7 & Windows Vista Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by agentlsk View Post
ok a restore did nothing
There is a utility tool to remove it here. http://www.spywareremovalblog.com/remove-ljpdea-dll/

Good luck
The site you linked to is a phishing site used for the distribution of rogue software!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #10
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Malwarebytes' Anti-malware will recognize it. Do this:

download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.44 Download
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. Copy and Paste that log into your next reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ljpdea.dll, trojan generic17.jsf




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: ljpdea.dll, trojan generic17.jsf
Thread Forum
Solved Need some help got a trojan System Security
Is that a Trojan? System Security
trojan BSOD Help and Support
Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro & Trojan:JS/FakeSpypro System Security
Solved Trojan, Please HELP!!! System Security
Trojan System Security
New trojan System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33