ADMIN NOTE: Block, If this is not the proper place to post, please correct me and redirect me to an open question or solution on why MSE will not install on my computer. I have searched and tried all posts on the subject and nothings works.
Here is the background. I am running Win 7 Prof. I previously installed the 64 bit version and it worked. Later, I had to do a system restore and MSE was gone. So, I downloaded AVG and used it until I decided to reinstall MSE.
MSE will not install although I have tried all soultions I can find on this forum and the internet including:
1. Ran Malwarebytes
2. Searched registry looking for any traces of MSE using regedit and registry clean & repair tools. Only found MS Antimalware. Tried to delete it since I suspected this might be the problem......could not tried various cleanup tools such as Autoruns and using Safe Mode.
3. Disabled Windows defender, Windows Firewal & AVG antivirus before install attempt
4. Looked for MSE in MS services....did not find it
5. Disabled all start up items in MSCONFIG
6. Tried to install 32 bit version received error code oX8004FF2E
7. Tried to install 64 bit version received error code oX80070643
8. Searched internet for solutions to these errors....none worked
Apparently my system still thinks the original MSE program is working because I still get downloads for MSE although installation fails.
In summantion, I would like to have MS Essentials as my antivirus/malware program but I can not find a solution to the install problem that works. Any additional suggestions other than another install of Windows 7? Don't want MSE that badly!