Quote: Originally Posted by Creer
Quote: Originally Posted by irnbru
what internet security should i get?
i have free Mcafee at the moment my laptop is just new for when it runs out.
i was going to get norton its only £25
the best security which you can get is security based on 3 layers of protection:
(HIPS software, sandboxes, sandbox policy software, virtualization software, firewalls, UAC, LUA, SRP and DEP.
(all AV/AM/AS also software like HIDS)
(image backup software, data backup software, ISR software)
All these layers are very important for your security, and there is a rule that you can not rely on only one mentioned above layer of protection it's critical rule. Depends on your needs and habits you should fits it to yourself.
And remember... Security is a process, not a product
Very well put Creer! Here's what I use,
1) UAC on high asking for credentials
2) SRP deny all including Admin
3) DEP on for all programs and services
4) Malware Defender HIPS (My favorite security app)
5) Avast with file shield and behavior shield only
6) Hitman Pro for on demand (MBAM maybe soon since I won a free license)
7) Windows 7 Firewall Control Plus (Not really needed but I like it, Win 7 Firewall is disabled)
8) DefenseWall 3.0 (Sometimes I go with AppGuard)
9) Comodo Time Machine (Sometimes I go with Eaz-Fix Pro)
10) Windows System Image & Backup