I'm experiencing a problem with Thunderbird, (one of the outgoing servers), and was pointed to a suggestion to alter the firewall setting to see if that resolves it. However, the suggestion is for XP SP2 and I cannot make head or tail of how to apply this to a Windows 7 firewall.
I would appreciate if someone can translate the guideline into Windows 7 settings. Here is the guideline:- In some cases, you may need to remove Firefox/Thunderbird/Mozilla Suite from Windows Firewall exceptions list, if listed, and re-add it. The following instructions are for Windows XP sp2 (Windows Vista should be similar):
- Close Firefox/Thunderbird/Mozilla Suite
- Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall
- General tab - Make sure the firewall is switched on and "Don't allow exceptions" is unchecked.
- Exceptions tab - Find the Firefox/Thunderbird/Mozilla Suite entry and delete it.
- Check the box next to "Display a notification when Windows Firewall blocks a program".
- Click "OK" to exit the Windows Firewall window.
- Start Firefox/Thunderbird/Mozilla Suite.
- Windows Firewall should then ask whether you want to keep blocking or unblock. Select "Unblock".