Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Register Editor starting up on Windows 7 boot

06 Apr 2010   #1
fANAT1C

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Register Editor starting up on Windows 7 boot

Hello

since yesterday I have a "problem" with my Windows 7, it's starting up Windows Registry Editor always when I boot Windows (also after coming back from standby, or when I select "other user" and go back to my account). Is this any dangerous? It never started Windows Registry Editor before...

regards


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Apr 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fANAT1C View Post
Hello

since yesterday I have a "problem" with my Windows 7, it's starting up Windows Registry Editor always when I boot Windows (also after coming back from standby, or when I select "other user" and go back to my account). Is this any dangerous? It never started Windows Registry Editor before...

regards

Do you have a current working anti virus running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #3
fANAT1C

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fANAT1C View Post
Hello

since yesterday I have a "problem" with my Windows 7, it's starting up Windows Registry Editor always when I boot Windows (also after coming back from standby, or when I select "other user" and go back to my account). Is this any dangerous? It never started Windows Registry Editor before...

regards

Do you have a current working anti virus running?
Avira AntiVir Personal, I've already scanned my system but no threats were found.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Apr 2010   #4
Desslok

Windows 7
 
 

Check in your startup folder, maybe it got dragged in there somehow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #5
fANAT1C

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Check in your startup folder, maybe it got dragged in there somehow.
Nope, nothing in there. Only logitech setpoint and xfire.

hmm... the tab "BOOT" in msconfig (start > run > msconfig) contained "Regedit32". Disabled it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #6
prc292

windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Did That solve your problem? I was gonna say check you "MSCONFiG" boot options for a start up entry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Register Editor starting up on Windows 7 boot




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Win 7 won't boot past Starting Windows, or CLASSPNP
I'll try to make this very short... I cleaned my keyboard about a week ago by vacuuming it, and wiping it down with some baby wipes. After that I've been having a lot of issues... My main issue is that my computer has gradually been taking longer to boot up, and now it's getting stuck at...
General Discussion
Problem starting pc with dual boot XP-Windows 7
Hi everyone, First of all please forgive me for my English as is not my native language. Yesterday I installed Windows 7 on a hard drive which had XP previously. During the installation procedures everything went OK after I updated and installed some programs to test the new OS including a...
Installation & Setup
Partition and Boot-manager-editor needed?
Is there a dynamic partition manager out there for Win 7...something like what Partition Manager used to be? Also, I'm thinking of adding a version of Linux to my system and I'm looking for an easy to use boot-manager-editor to use in Win 7?
General Discussion
Need help starting Windows 7 on boot up.
I installed Ubuntu 7.10 via LiveCD and it made a 100GB HD partition as I instructed and the program installed fine. It made a GRUB boot file where I could select between loading Windows 7 or Ubuntu on boot up. Everything worked fine. I then found out about WUBI. I installed Ubuntu 7.10 inside...
Installation & Setup
Very slow boot, stalls at starting windows
Hi there, I recently upgraded my windows 7 from the release candidate to an oem version that was supplied with a new computer, I completely wiped the old win 7 os and installed on a clean partition, dual boot with xp, install was great, went fast and no errors, but now it takes up to 20 min to...
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App