Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: help me please


12 May 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
help me please

i was downloading from utorrent.. n suddenly there was a file named hercules.exe.. i tried 2 open it wid u torrent and immmediately all icons (.exe ones or da shorcuts) changed 2 u torrent's icon.. in panic i deleted u torrent assuming dat dis might restore back everythin 2 normal.. but now none of my .exe files are opening. i cant acces any command prompt, ne .exe file.. nothing... i duno how i manged 2 open up internet explorer to post u guys.. every time m clicking any shortcut or ne file or ne exe file, its opening up a window asking from which progen to open it with...
Plz help me out!!! plz plz.. i have gtest 2morrow and my eveythin is in laptop, i cant reinstall my windows now.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 May 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

It sounds like malware to me. Download a copy of Malwarebytes and run a full scan.

I will contact the mods and ask them to move this thread to the Security section, so the malware experts will see it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) *** Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), OSX 10.6
 
 

Hi there,

Do you have any restore points saved? Read this tutorial: System Restore

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 May 2010   #4

Windows 7
 
 

i dun have ne restore points saved cz i just bought thios new lap top a month back.. din get tym 2 make ne restore points
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

i am tryin every thing.. even if i download ne thing, wen it asks me 2 run it, it directs me to da same window i.e open with ,,, so i duno which program 2 use 2 open up my dat downloaded .exe file
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Try this tutorial: Default File Type Associations - Restore

You may also want to take your hard drive to another machine and run Malwarebytes on it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cis0607 View Post
i dun have ne restore points saved cz i just bought thios new lap top a month back.. din get tym 2 make ne restore points
Unless you turned restore points off (not a good idea), the system makes weekly restore points.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cis0607 View Post
i am tryin every thing.. even if i download ne thing, wen it asks me 2 run it, it directs me to da same window i.e open with ,,, so i duno which program 2 use 2 open up my dat downloaded .exe file
For best results, please speak in complete and grammatically correct sentences please. This shorthand gibberish is quite distracting for many of us. I know there are some that won't even make it through your original post...thus not providing you with any advice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #9
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

What ever you were downloading gave you this HERCULES.EXE, Prevx

Please read this on P2P applications:
US-CERT Cyber Security Tip ST05-007 -- Risks of File-Sharing Technology
Quote:
Risks of File-Sharing Technology
File-sharing technology is a popular way for users to exchange, or "share," files. However, using this technology makes you susceptible to risks such as infection, attack, or exposure of personal information.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cis0607 View Post
i am tryin every thing.. even if i download ne thing, wen it asks me 2 run it, it directs me to da same window i.e open with ,,, so i duno which program 2 use 2 open up my dat downloaded .exe file
For best results, please speak in complete and grammatically correct sentences please. This shorthand gibberish is quite distracting for many of us. I know there are some that won't even make it through your original post...thus not providing you with any advice.
+1 Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 help me please




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33