Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro & Trojan:JS/FakeSpypro

24 Jun 2010   #1
bludgard69

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro & Trojan:JS/FakeSpypro

A little help,please.Got this trojan earlier.It disabled MSE,MBAM,Internet,CCleaner,and pretty much anything .exe.Claimed everything was infected...so says whatever fake AV program that came with it.(I wish I could figure out how to use the indention tool here)I had to restart,open task manager before this thing kiced in-the trojan-and end the proccess of said trojan before it could take control of my PC.I then ran MSE,nothing.Restart.Trojan takes control.Restart-LAN unpluged.Task Manager thingy.MSE finds the trojan.Removes trojan.Restart.Trojan returns.Above proccesses are repeated.Finally I tried suspending the proccess in Resource Monitor, and MSE put it in quarentine-where it remains to this posting.Onlin scanner from BitDefender found it.ESET online scanner did not.MBAM did not.All up to date.MSE colud only find it when it was a running proccess.

Disabled internet by Changing to proxy server with no address.

What I would like to do is be rid of it for good.Thinking about an unbloated clean install but would like to save some files first.If this wont carry infectious material with it.

I got a zip file with this infected file.Any way for someone to check it out?Everything seem fine at the moment,yet it's still there.Any ideas?

If anyone wants to look into this file,let me know how.





Attached Thumbnails
-capture5.png  
Attached Images
   
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #2
Product FRED

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
 
 

First, take a deep breath, calm down. Start the computer in Safe Mode. Find a flash drive and another computer, or if you're confident it's not running in safe mode, download SUPER Antispyware. Secondly, a trojan on a friend's computer once disabled executables for me as well. Right clicking on them and picking "Run as Administrator" allowed me to run them though.

You have plenty of options to deal with this thing. The fact that you're removing it and it's coming back means it's hiding somewhere. You can try rolling back your system with system restore and see if that helps. Otherwise, I'd suggest deleting the restore points because it's usually where viruses like to hide.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #3
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

How to manually remove Trojan.FakeSpypro

Files associated with Trojan.FakeSpypro infection:

iehelper.dll
Adware_Pro.exe
sysguard.exe
nwdcsysguard.exe
Trojan.FakeSpypro DLL's to remove:

iehelper.dll
Trojan.FakeSpypro processes to kill:

Adware_Pro.exe
sysguard.exe
nwdcsysguard.exe
Remove Trojan.FakeSpypro registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerSharedTaskScheduler{9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6}
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN sysguard
RUNNING PROGRAMExplorer.EXE
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN Adware_ProMFCT
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN system tool
RUNNING PROGRAMsysguard.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerBrowser HelperObjects{3A44F370-735B-485f-B212-62007E9E6815}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN system tool
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerBrowser HelperObjects{CFA131B1-3A6E-4c4f-A0CC-4CC9D844B04C}
RUNNING PROGRAM\sysguard.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ system tool
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser HelperObjects\{CFA131B1-3A6E-4c4f-A0CC-4CC9D844B04C}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser HelperObjects\{3A44F370-735B-485f-B212-62007E9E6815}

Hope this helps...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #4
bludgard69

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Gimmy a sec,thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #5
bludgard69

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 


Let me get back to you guys.I dealt with this thing for 5 hours to get my system back.I need a little time.I apreciate your timely response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #6
Jaxryley

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bludgard69 View Post

Let me get back to you guys.I dealt with this thing for 5 hours to get my system back.I need a little time.I apreciate your timely response.
Copy and paste taskmgr.exe from the system 32 folder to desktop and rename to Opera.exe. Now Taskmanager will start allowing to kill the rogue's process then get a scan going with Malwarebytes, updated first of course.

Or you can go to Malwarebytes Programs folder and rename mbam.exe to Opera.exe and Malwarebytes should start even if the exe killing rogue's process is active.

You can rename to Firefox.exe as well. In fact renaming most exes to Firefox or Opera should allow them to run with this rogue active.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #7
bludgard69

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Nothing Found

Searched W Explorer for .dll & exe.Nothing.Am I possibly searching in the wrong place?No reg entries either.There were some reg entries that CCleaner found after MSE removed part of the trojan-they may have been similar to what you mentioned.I deleted them.I wish I had taken pics.Live and learn.I panickedHopefully I did the right thing.They just looked scary.I really dont want to restart my PC until this thing is completley removed.Am I gettin' paranoid?



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
How to manually remove Trojan.FakeSpypro


Files associated with Trojan.FakeSpypro infection:

iehelper.dll
Adware_Pro.exe
sysguard.exe
nwdcsysguard.exe
Trojan.FakeSpypro DLL's to remove:

iehelper.dll
Trojan.FakeSpypro processes to kill:

Adware_Pro.exe
sysguard.exe
nwdcsysguard.exe
Remove Trojan.FakeSpypro registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerSharedTaskScheduler{9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6}
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN sysguard
RUNNING PROGRAMExplorer.EXE
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN Adware_ProMFCT
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN system tool
RUNNING PROGRAMsysguard.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerBrowser HelperObjects{3A44F370-735B-485f-B212-62007E9E6815}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN system tool
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerBrowser HelperObjects{CFA131B1-3A6E-4c4f-A0CC-4CC9D844B04C}
RUNNING PROGRAM\sysguard.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ system tool
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser HelperObjects\{CFA131B1-3A6E-4c4f-A0CC-4CC9D844B04C}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser HelperObjects\{3A44F370-735B-485f-B212-62007E9E6815}

Hope this helps...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #8
bludgard69

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Heard

Hi,Jaxryley.

Will MBAM remove this if I let it run freely again.Will it find it?I dont have real time protection through MBAM.Is ther a safe way to manipulate this thing to be rid of every thread?
EDIT:MBAM runs since MSE got it quarentined.Just doesn't even find the .zip file pasted on my desktop.I just scanned it-the .zip file- with both MBAM and MSE,neither found it a threat.
Only Bitdefender online scanner found it.

I'LL GET RID OF THIS HOSTAGE TAKING PIECE OF S***!
GAME ON!



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxryley View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bludgard69 View Post



Let me get back to you guys.I dealt with this thing for 5 hours to get my system back.I need a little time.I apreciate your timely response.
Copy and paste taskmgr.exe from the system 32 folder to desktop and rename to Opera.exe. Now Taskmanager will start allowing to kill the rogue's process then get a scan going with Malwarebytes, updated first of course.

Or you can go to Malwarebytes Programs folder and rename mbam.exe to Opera.exe and Malwarebytes should start even if the exe killing rogue's process is active.

You can rename to Firefox.exe as well. In fact renaming most exes to Firefox or Opera should allow them to run with this rogue active.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #9
bludgard69

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Here's some more CCleaner found.Should I keep deleting these?


Attached Thumbnails
-23.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #10
Jaxryley

 
 

@ blugard69, Every now and then I run a microjoin exploit that drops/downloads heaps of other exploits including a new morphed exe for the rogue AV Security Suite that hardly any blacklists hit and which is uploaded to Malwarebytes for inclusion to their database.

It's really a case of that if no AV/AM has seen the new sample as yet then it won't be hit and some AV/AM's can't scan within zip archives.

If you can upload the zip to a share site and give me the link I'll make sure it gets included into MBAM's database asap.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro & Trojan:JS/FakeSpypro




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Trojan.Win32.Jorik.Midhos.axf
I let SuperAntivirus and then Microsoft Security essentials try and take care of the problem. I suspect something is still wrong and I am wondering if some files are missing as the computer is not behaving normally. Any ideas to find out if I am missing part of windows 7 now and if this is...
System Security
Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef
This computer again: http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/214851-ie9-32bit-context-menu-fails-w7-pro-64bit.html Here is some of what I know about the box build. I was asked to cleanup the aftermath of this: Encyclopedia entry: Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef - Learn more about malware -...
System Security
Trojan:Win32/Comroki!rts
Downloaded and ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found this. Trojan:Win32/Comroki!rts Safety Scanner removed so it says. All I found with Google besides sales pitches to buy things is this at MS. Encyclopedia entry: Trojan:Win32/Comroki - Learn more about malware - Microsoft Malware...
System Security
Win32/Lethic is a trojan
MSRT January
Security News
trojan downloader:win32/cutwail.ba HELP!
Microsoft Security Essentials discovered this trojan virus today and three times it said I needed to restart to clean computer yet, it never leaves and is caught again on returning to Desktop. I've looked this up on Microsoft KB and that document says to keep MSSE up to date however, the problem...
System Security
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.bbl
I found this awesome virus "Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.bbl" and analyzed its behaviour in a VirtualBox and quickly found a weaknes :p It is very hard to remove, it closes antivirus setups and then deletes them, closes all windows containg anything about antivirus tools (even if you google anything...
System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App