|22 Jul 2010||#8|
|My System Specs|
|22 Jul 2010||#9|
It looks like in v4 you cant disable it completely but you can change idle times.
The one setting you can change to see if it improves your system performance, is to change the Idle Time setting. Please follow the instructions below to change this setting.
1. Open Norton 360 and select the "Settings" link at the top of the main window.
2. Click on the "Administrative Settings" link and scroll down the list and locate the "Automatic Tasks Delay" category.
3. Next to "Idle Time Out" click on the pull-down menu and choose "20 minutes.
4. Click the "Apply" and then "OK" buttons to save the changes. Select the "Close" button to return to the main Norton 360 screen.
5. Under the "PC Security" bubble, choose "Run LiveUpdate."
6. After the updates have been installed, click on the "PC Security" bubble again and choose "Run Scans" and then choose "Comprehensive Scan" and allow it to finish.
I think you can also add files to exclusion lists.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Disable N360 from doing scan when idle?|
|Scan and Fix Removable Disk Prompt - Disable in Windows||Tutorials|
|Disable VBox from swapping to pagefile when idle?||Virtualization|
|Disable Scan and Fix Removable Drive Notification?||General Discussion|
|How to disable Virus Scan?||System Security|
|Can you disable FF's virus scan?||Browsers & Mail|
|Disable Scan and Fix for Removable Drives||General Discussion|
|flashdrive backround win7 & disable scan prompt||General Discussion|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.