Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Defender


22 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 
Windows Defender

Hi, if by turning off windows defender,will that make windows 7 boot faster?,as mine hangs a little at the welcome screen, I have a background wallpaper and settings are not on solid colors..I am trying to work out why the welcome screen hangs?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Riptorn View Post
Hi, if by turning off windows defender,will that make windows 7 boot faster?,as mine hangs a little at the welcome screen, I have a background wallpaper and settings are not on solid colors..I am trying to work out why the welcome screen hangs?
Hi buddy.
I do not believe that Windows Defender is responsible for hang you mentioned. At most, even if you disable it, the difference in speed of Windows boot will be imperceptible. I leave the following suggestion: download and install
CCleaner - Slim. Run it and navigate to the tab "Tools", then "Programs initialized with the system." There, analyze which programs have a real need to initialize with Windows, "disabling" the entry of those you believe expendable.
I hope it meets your expectations.

"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Both 7 computers I have pause for a sec when the word welcome comes up. is that what you mean?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 

I already installed ccleaner,I only have Kaspersky starting up,nothing else, it hangs for a good minute.Not sure why though?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
Both 7 computers I have pause for a sec when the word welcome comes up. is that what you mean?
I already installed ccleaner,I only have Kaspersky starting up,nothing else, it hangs for a good minute.Not sure why though?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

You defragment the hdd with some frequency? What is the rotational speed of the HDD: 5400rpm or 7200rpm?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #7

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Riptorn View Post
I only have Kaspersky starting up,nothing else, it hangs for a good minute.Not sure why though?
hi........post a gsi log at the kaspersky forum they are usually quick to respond
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Oh I think I get what you mean. I have a similar Dell laptop and it sits there with the thing spinning for a while (don't think its quit a minute though) unless I let it sit at the log in screen for about 30secs. But even then its still there. My moms computer with a 2.26 GHz i3 processor (2 cores with HT, so it runs as if its 4) and 4gigs 1066MHz DDR3 ram and it still sits at it for a few seconds. The pause I mentioned before was the spiny thing (what the heck is it called) will pause for a second or two on both before the Desktop appears. If if you only have one program starting at start-up, there are still several services and drivers starting up. I think its pretty normal but running a disk defrag will help. Also, if you have a multicore processor, did you set your computer to use all cores while booting. By default it only uses one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #9

Windows 7 - 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
Oh I think I get what you mean. I have a similar Dell laptop and it sits there with the thing spinning for a while (don't think its quit a minute though) unless I let it sit at the log in screen for about 30secs. But even then its still there. My moms computer with a 2.26 GHz i3 processor (2 cores with HT, so it runs as if its 4) and 4gigs 1066MHz DDR3 ram and it still sits at it for a few seconds. The pause I mentioned before was the spiny thing (what the heck is it called) will pause for a second or two on both before the Desktop appears. If if you only have one program starting at start-up, there are still several services and drivers starting up. I think its pretty normal but running a disk defrag will help. Also, if you have a multicore processor, did you set your computer to use all cores while booting. By default it only uses one.
Thanks Petey,yes the spinning thingy, I will do a defrag,I only installed Windows 7 a week ago, ultimate.Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #10

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I always do a defrag after a fresh install but then again some call me crazy. I use Windows built in defrager.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Defender




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Defender
Thread Forum
Does Windows Defender actually do anything System Security
Solved Windows Defender & Others System Security
Solved windows Defender System Security
Windows Defender System Security
Windows Defender System Security
windows defender System Security
Does 7 come with Windows Defender? System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33