Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Softpedia Exclusive Interview: Symantec

23 Jul 2010   #1

Arch Linux 64-bit
 
 
Softpedia Exclusive Interview: Symantec

Softpedia Exclusive Interview: Symantec - Norton protection explained - Softpedia

I'm in the process of reading.

Edit: First posted at Wilders today so thought it was a recent interview but it is about one month old.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I don't like their software. I had Symantec AV Corporate Edition (from being in the military) when I ran Windows XP and it didn't work worth a crap. My parents had Norton 360 for a couple years and it was crap. It slowed their computer down to a crawl. I uninstalled it and put on MSE and they finally realized that it was Norton 360 slowing their computer down and that Windows Vista wasn't as bad as they thought with a less intrusive AV program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #3

Arch Linux 64-bit
 
 

I find Norton 2010 and 2011 to be light.

So does my brother and sister.

I know some that find MSE heavy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Box (64-bit installed) + Service Pack 1
 
 

Norton products rep is horrible, they blew it with bloatware resource piggy issues many years ago.
M$ is M$ and enough said.
I wouldn't use either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Faladu, have you even tried MSE at all?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by malexous View Post
I find Norton 2010 and 2011 to be light.

So does my brother and sister.

I know some that find MSE heavy.
To be "heavy" it would need to be intrusive. I have never found anyone to say they notice any sort of performance impact with MSE.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Faladu View Post
Norton products rep is horrible, they blew it with bloatware resource piggy issues many years ago.
M$ is M$ and enough said.
I wouldn't use either.
MSE wasn't made by Microsoft. It was made by several security software companies that they acquired.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Faladu View Post
Norton products rep is horrible, they blew it with bloatware resource piggy issues many years ago.
M$ is M$ and enough said.
I wouldn't use either.
MSE wasn't made by Microsoft. It was made by several security software companies that they acquired.
Also, if you have such a problem with MS products, why are you using Windows 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #8

Arch Linux 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by malexous View Post
I find Norton 2010 and 2011 to be light.

So does my brother and sister.

I know some that find MSE heavy.
To be "heavy" it would need to be intrusive. I have never found anyone to say they notice any sort of performance impact with MSE.
I have.

You can see it can have a bigger performance impact on some computers compared to other anti-virus here: Raymond.CC Antivirus Performance Benchmark Test
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by malexous View Post
I have.

You can see it can have a bigger performance impact on some computers compared to other anti-virus here: Raymond.CC Antivirus Performance Benchmark Test
Sorry, I won't believe some average Bob's personal "review". I would need results from a trusted source. Those results are already messed up because the reviewer would uninstall one AV program and install another. Anyone doing a software review would use an image.

Also, the "gaming score"? What is that? Is this person assuming that your AV program can effect framerates?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #10

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by malexous View Post
I find Norton 2010 and 2011 to be light.

So does my brother and sister.

I know some that find MSE heavy.
Did you call me?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Softpedia Exclusive Interview: Symantec





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33