Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: hdav.exe?


23 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 x64 Home Edition
 
 
hdav.exe?

Alright well I had not been on my computer all day today and when I had signed onto my computer my task bar was not showing. I tried going into the task manager and I ran explorer.exe and my screen just flashed like crazy it would pop up then disappear multiple times and below it hdav.exe showed up about 4 times bouncing explorer.exe around.

And basically my computer is pretty well virus infected I am pretty sure I have ran multiple scans with BitDefender anti virus and malicious searches, I also used Tuneup utilities and spy bot search and destroy some of it could not be deleted I know that bitDefender detects a trojan when my computer starts up but when I try to put it in quarenteen it drives my computer nuts.

Just now my browser keeps directing me to inappropriate sites and possibly illegal ones at that most, I can't do a system restore because my computer says it fails each time, BitDefender does not detect anything under its anti virus section but in malicious it does. Some of it can not be deleted.

If any one can suggest some help that would be great without having to reformat my computer, I really can't afford to lose everything not now and I have no way of backing up my things.

And I don't doubt that this Trojan/Virus is stealing my information right now so I am trying to keep off of personal websites at the moment.
Thanks
Swifty.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
Alright well I had not been on my computer all day today and when I had signed onto my computer my task bar was not showing. I tried going into the task manager and I ran explorer.exe and my screen just flashed like crazy it would pop up then disappear multiple times and below it hdav.exe showed up about 4 times bouncing explorer.exe around.

And basically my computer is pretty well virus infected I am pretty sure I have ran multiple scans with BitDefender anti virus and malicious searches, I also used Tuneup utilities and spy bot search and destroy some of it could not be deleted I know that bitDefender detects a trojan when my computer starts up but when I try to put it in quarenteen it drives my computer nuts.

Just now my browser keeps directing me to inappropriate sites and possibly illegal ones at that most, I can't do a system restore because my computer says it fails each time, BitDefender does not detect anything under its anti virus section but in malicious it does. Some of it can not be deleted.

If any one can suggest some help that would be great without having to reformat my computer, I really can't afford to lose everything not now and I have no way of backing up my things.

And I don't doubt that this Trojan/Virus is stealing my information right now so I am trying to keep off of personal websites at the moment.
Thanks
Swifty.

Do you have a backup of your data? If I were you I would download malwarebytes and run a scan just to get started. Hdav.exe seems to be a virus and I cant find any infomation saying it is used for anything else.

Boot into safe mode, run malwarbytes. Did you have an anti virus app on the computer when it was infected?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 x64 Home Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Do you have a backup of your data? If I were you I would download malwarebytes and run a scan just to get started. Hdav.exe seems to be a virus and I cant find any infomation saying it is used for anything else.

Boot into safe mode, run malwarbytes. Did you have an anti virus app on the computer when it was infected?

Ken
All I know is hdav.exe messes with applications and it runs on start up, it can rename itself and make copies of itself as different forms as well as making new forms of itself.

I have also done a scan with Prevx and it detected the files I described, but I need a license key typical.

And now I am trying the program you told me about.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is good as long as it will actually run. Some viruses have a script that can cause it to not install/run, hence why you should try in safe mode, or there are other work arounds you can find via google or another search provider.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 x64 Home Edition
 
 

here are the names of the ones that prevx found

-hkpop.dll
-Hdav.exe
-lkpop.dll
-l84alx.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #6

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

hi....d/l hitman pro and scan...it has 30 days free removal and has five av engines including prevx,dr web.ikarus,A2,nod,g data

after hitman d/l and scan with mbam
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 x64 Home Edition
 
 

So I used mbam and hitman pro it made my computer faster and as far as I know deleted most of the problems but when I rebooted after hitman it said that windows needed to repair itself and both of those programs no longer exist on my computer so I had to reinstall them, any idea? a few of the virus names popped up too, one in cmd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #8

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,Windows XP sp3 home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
So I used mbam and hitman pro it made my computer faster and as far as I know deleted most of the problems but when I rebooted after hitman it said that windows needed to repair itself and both of those programs no longer exist on my computer so I had to reinstall them, any idea? a few of the virus names popped up too, one in cmd.
1.hmmmm.......was that after restart before boot?
scanners usually delete persistent malware that way when they are not active.
2.restart again.....do you get the popup ?
3.give HMP and prevx one more run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

If you can download and burn an iso to a cd, suggest download

BitDefender Rescue CD

Boot to safe mode, remove system restore points. Reboot to the Rescue CD and run scans. Reboot to safe mode and scan with MalwareBytes. Virus can and will hide in your Restore Points, and reinfect after you start windows. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Can you give us more detail on what happened after the reboot. I'm not sure exactly what what happened, and without knowing that I can't help any. Some others might be able to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 hdav.exe?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: hdav.exe?
Thread Forum
Video issue with Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33