Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't delete desktop theme?

12 Aug 2010   #1
flycaster

Windows 7 HP 64-bit
 
 
Can't delete desktop theme?

Made an album theme, but want to delete it and start anew. Although I have cleared all from desktop background and rebooted, it is still there???

EDIT: All drives are definitely up to date.
Gateway DX4720-03, Windows7 HP 64-bit


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Aug 2010   #2
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Please list(edit) system specs and make sure all drives updated in order for us to help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2010   #3
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
Made an album theme, but want to delete it and start anew. Although I have cleared all from desktop background and rebooted, it is still there???

EDIT: All drives are definitely up to date.
Gateway DX4720-03, Windows7 HP 64-bit
Did you switch to a new theme 1st? You have to exit from the theme to be able to delete it. Sorry if that is what you meant by "cleared all from desktop background". A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Aug 2010   #4
flycaster

Windows 7 HP 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
Made an album theme, but want to delete it and start anew. Although I have cleared all from desktop background and rebooted, it is still there???

EDIT: All drives are definitely up to date.
Gateway DX4720-03, Windows7 HP 64-bit
Did you switch to a new theme 1st? You have to exit from the theme to be able to delete it. Sorry if that is what you meant by "cleared all from desktop background". A Guy
That was my mistake. But figured it out. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2010   #5
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
Made an album theme, but want to delete it and start anew. Although I have cleared all from desktop background and rebooted, it is still there???

EDIT: All drives are definitely up to date.
Gateway DX4720-03, Windows7 HP 64-bit
Did you switch to a new theme 1st? You have to exit from the theme to be able to delete it. Sorry if that is what you meant by "cleared all from desktop background". A Guy
That was my mistake. But figured it out. Thanks.
Great, glad you got it sorted

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't delete desktop theme?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Theme Pack - Create, Save, Install, and Delete
How to Make your own Windows 7 Theme Pack A theme pack is a cab file (.themepack) that includes a desktop background, window colors, sounds, screen saver, icons, and mouse pointers (cursors) used to change your Windows 7 theme all at once instead of each individual item. A theme pack...
Tutorials
Win desktop theme won't stick
This is my process: 1- R-click on desktop --> Personalize 2- Click on 'Desktop Background' 3- Click on Browse: Choose folder with multiple pictures in it (It only allows folders and not files anyways) (Make sure all photos are there and are checked) 4- Click on and Choose background color 5-...
Themes and Styles
Theme will not delete.
I have this strange happening going on. Looking at the pic below, there's this custom theme named "Unsaved Theme". The problem is that when I do name it, a new theme w/the name shows up, but Unsaved Theme is recreated! I've changed to a completly different Theme, then went into the...
Themes and Styles
Install a new Theme with Theme Installer and now my desktop is black
Hello, I really screwed up my computer. I was trying to use the Theme Installer than I downloaded from here to install the "Glass Onion" theme and after I restarted and logged in the desktop was BLACK and I keep getting this prompt (pop up) to select and change Start Button or Restore Original...
Themes and Styles
Theme background pictures delete when removed?
Having a problem, I have my desktop set on rotating out the background pictures every few minutes, done in Windows 7 personalization.. When I delete a picture from the list, it actually deletes the damn picure off my computer.. I hadnt notice at first, now I am missing a ton of pictures I cant...
Themes and Styles
Can't delete windows 7 theme??
I clicked on the default Windows 7 theme and it got saved as Unsaved Theme. I right-clicked it and clicked on delete theme, but its not deleting please reply
Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App