Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Theming gone wrong. Pre VS, stuff still there after reverting.

02 Oct 2010   #1
Frank80

vista, windows 7
 
 
Theming gone wrong. Pre VS, stuff still there after reverting.

i used the PRE VS theme downloaded from Deviant.art. but, now that i wanted to revert to another theme again I'm stuck with residue from that dark theme.
- could someone help me fix the problem? or at least give me the name of the system file/.dll that contains the graphics? I'm a bit on the green side when it comes to this.





Attached Thumbnails
-capture.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Oct 2010   #2
IownAmoneyPit

Windows 7 Pro x 2/Windows 10 Home/10 Pro/Windows 10 TP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frank80 View Post
i used the PRE VS theme downloaded from Deviant.art. but, now that i wanted to revert to another theme again I'm stuck with residue from that dark theme.
- could someone help me fix the problem? or at least give me the name of the system file/.dll that contains the graphics? I'm a bit on the green side when it comes to this.
Try sfc/scanow tutorial here, It should reset all modified files to default
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #3
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

+1 scannow will repair it then try again with new theme .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Oct 2010   #4
Frank80

vista, windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frank80 View Post
i used the PRE VS theme downloaded from Deviant.art. but, now that i wanted to revert to another theme again I'm stuck with residue from that dark theme.
- could someone help me fix the problem? or at least give me the name of the system file/.dll that contains the graphics? I'm a bit on the green side when it comes to this.
Try sfc/scanow tutorial here, It should reset all modified files to default
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
+1 scannow will repair it then try again with new theme .
That totally did the trick, thanks for that simple and quick solution. This is why i love 7 forum. People know stuff!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2010   #5
IownAmoneyPit

Windows 7 Pro x 2/Windows 10 Home/10 Pro/Windows 10 TP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frank80 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frank80 View Post
i used the PRE VS theme downloaded from Deviant.art. but, now that i wanted to revert to another theme again I'm stuck with residue from that dark theme.
- could someone help me fix the problem? or at least give me the name of the system file/.dll that contains the graphics? I'm a bit on the green side when it comes to this.
Try sfc/scanow tutorial here, It should reset all modified files to default
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
+1 scannow will repair it then try again with new theme .
That totally did the trick, thanks for that simple and quick solution. This is why i love 7 forum. People know stuff!
Glad I could help & make a contribution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Theming gone wrong. Pre VS, stuff still there after reverting.




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MS Paint GUI wrong- Perhaps stuck in wrong mode- Example shown
Last night, My MS Paint GUI went screwy. It looks like it is out of Aero mode or something, but Aero troubleshooter found no problem & everything else is fine. I was having an issue with a video game for PC (full screen) which normally fiddles with the Windows theme, but I honestly dont know. ...
General Discussion
Windows Explorer crashes randomly after custom theming?
I have a Dell XPS 1645, running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I have applied a custom theme found on Deviant Art.com, I have followed the directions to the t, but I still seem to be running into random problems with Windows Explorer crashing. When I repair the system files, and go back to a normal msstyle...
Themes and Styles
Back/Forward button theming issues & an Aero Peek question
Hello. I've been trying to replace the back/forward buttons in explorer, both by using pre-made DLL's and/or apply the theming myself using ResHack and using same procedure that's described in a tutorial i found here. The main problem with this is that every "Open file/folder" dialog will...
Customization
Problem with Universal Theme Patcher/ Theming Windows 7
hey hi... umm first id like to say that this site's been very helpful to me, in getting some knowledge about the win 7 system files, which file contains info on what and stuff... **the actual problem is after the line made of *, jump there if you want... ** well, in the beginning when i got...
Themes and Styles
Mac Theming
is it possible to macify ure Win7 computer like you could on a vista, i am asking because i liked the appearance of Leopard With the Vista controls, Seven is an awesome OS but i would like to give it a more mac feel
Customization
Two theming questions...
1. Is there any dock programs that work for Windows 7 x64? Rocketdock and ObjectDock both do not, please don't suggest them. 2. Is there any icon changing app that works well? IconPackager does not work.
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App