Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Changing the Time Rotating Wallpaper Changes?


11 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 
Changing the Time Rotating Wallpaper Changes?

How do you change the time of day Windows changes the background with custom themes?

Right now it changes at like 6PM, so I see a new one in the evening, then I see it again the next day until it rotates again. I'd prefer it to change at like 4AM so I see one a day.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Dec 2010   #2
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

As to what I read from some MS people, you cannot change it. But maybe this can help: Automatic Wallpaper Changer - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Windows 7 has a Picture/wallpaper rotation build in, no need to install another program just right click on the desktop and go to personalize, pick your wallies, determine how they should be shown and click on Desktop Background on the bottom
Changing the Time Rotating Wallpaper Changes?-capture.jpg

You can set them to 6hrs or 12 hrs or even once a day (it always calculates from the time you press Save fo that screen
-DG


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Dec 2010   #4
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SledgeDG View Post
Windows 7 has a Picture/wallpaper rotation build in, no need to install another program just right click on the desktop and go to personalize, pick your wallies, determine how they should be shown and click on Desktop Background on the bottom
Attachment 122697

You can set them to 6hrs or 12 hrs or even once a day (it always calculates from the time you press Save fo that screen
-DG
Right, but he wants the background to change at 4AM - how do you do that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SledgeDG View Post
Windows 7 has a Picture/wallpaper rotation build in, no need to install another program just right click on the desktop and go to personalize, pick your wallies, determine how they should be shown and click on Desktop Background on the bottom
Attachment 122697

You can set them to 6hrs or 12 hrs or even once a day (it always calculates from the time you press Save fo that screen
-DG
Right, but he wants the background to change at 4AM - how do you do that.
WHS,

Get up at 3:59 am and change it then go back to bed!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Either set it to once a day and save that setting at 4am or set it to say 12 hrs at 6pm.
I was under the impression, for the TS it was more important, to have a new picture in the morning than have it change at 4am sharp

-DG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #7
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SledgeDG View Post
Either set it to once a day and save that setting at 4am or set it to say 12 hrs at 6pm.
I was under the impression, for the TS it was more important, to have a new picture in the morning than have it change at 4am sharp

-DG
I do not think this is going to work. i have been trying to "fool" it on the shorter time intervals. But it always goes back to its defaults (the intervals you set).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Right it observes the intervals I set going from the time I set them.
Basically it should be sufficient if you at the time you desire just make a right click on the desktop and click "Next Desk Top Background" because that resets the timer
Which means in turn if you switch any background manually during the day, the time you had set up before was reset as well !
It doesn't matter much to me because I have it set for 15 mins anyway (so I can see all my wallpapers in under a year)
If I go on saving wallies like that I soon have to set it to 10 seconds


-DG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #9
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

SDG, I agree with you. It is a bit of a strange requirement. But I am sure the OP has his reasons. I set mine to 10 minutes and I have a big picture file. if I set it to 1 day, I would see each picture only once in summer and once in winter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

LOL that's right...well we have given him options and showed what's possible.
The final decision lies of course with the OP/TS.

-DG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Changing the Time Rotating Wallpaper Changes?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Changing the Time Rotating Wallpaper Changes?
Thread Forum
Changing Wallpaper Fade Time Customization
How to prevent users from changing my wallpaper? Customization
Solved Problem with changing wallpaper.. Themes and Styles
Effect of changing the wallpaper Customization
Wallpaper keeps changing the way it fits Themes and Styles
Time-changing wallpaper or something? Themes and Styles
Wallpaper not Changing in Windows 7 Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33