I have Windows 7 on a laptop and I want an Aero theme which is as visible as XP.
I'm aware of the 'Classic' themes and can supply my own background. This would be OK but to play DVDs for some reason I have to use an Aero theme. The DVD players installed by Toshiba insist on this. The players are far superior to Media Center so that is not an acceptable alternative.
But Aero seems to have built in visibility problems:
- Almost invisible minimize/maximize/close symbols
- ditto scrollbars
- too much pale blue and silver
- poor column indication in folder views
- terrible 'highlighting' - very pale blue on white!
- Pictorial desktops just mess up icon visibility
So I just want a plain darkish Aero theme with as much visibility as XP blue default. No 'eye-candy', no glass feature, no pastel colors, just plain old usability
I've 'googled' for ages to no avail, so can anyone help please?