Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.

17 Oct 2009   #1271

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edrik View Post
could anyone port this theme into Windows 7

Attachment 31478

Latoyce RC1.b by ~X3remes on deviantART

I had a bit of a go at porting this theme to Windows 7, some things were not so easy but this is how it looks so far, so tell me what you think, if you want me to make another start menu I can do that as well but I didn't get that far yet.

Also some things were not possible to do so I have improvised in a few places.

Attachment 31720
I just tried the theme... It's awesome !

great work Grim

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2009   #1272

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

The guide is trial and error, that's how I do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1273

Dual Boot 7600 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edrik View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
what program do i need to edit the themes guys?
I have been using Restorator and Photoshop.
Is there a guide where I could get info on which images I would replace to make custom themes
As Mr Grim said you need to play with photoshop to create your on images, you need Restorator to see into the files, so that you learn where all the images are, and look at other forums for tut, even if you do not need it, try it so you know, more you learn the easier it gets, and i am no expert.

But if have question ask, some will know.

cheers
xxrazor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Oct 2009   #1274

Dual Boot 7600 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edrik View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ratePV View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edrik View Post
is this okay to use in x64 ?

Longhorn Air7 beta by ~alkhan on deviantART

You can use any *.theme or *.themepack
but you shouldn't replace any system files(only in case if they ARE for a x64 system)

Is there any chance of porting those system files to x64
Well here it is, within this zip file is x64,

Now this is not mind, i have only made it so you can load onto x64.

Longhorn_Air7_beta__by_alkhan_x64.zip


cheers
xxrazor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1275

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
 
 

Could someone change the red glow into a blue one ?
Name:  Punisher12.png
Views: 1300
Size:  76.9 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1276

Windows 7
 
 

Yay , i did it , i've done with taking ownership of the explorer.exe . But still i dont know why the start button didnt work . Check this picture , is it right ? http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/u...Untitled-1.jpg

The 6801 , 6085 , 6089 are the same , same size , same picture . I left clicked it and chose assign to the same pic. Maybe i did wrong because I'm totally new to these stuffs . Please help me

I followed this guide : Start Menu Button - Change .

@ xxrazor : i cant send you message , your inbox is full !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1277

Dual Boot 7600 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Yay , i did it , i've done with taking ownership of the explorer.exe . But still i dont know why the start button didnt work . Check this picture , is it right ? http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/u...Untitled-1.jpg

The 6801 , 6085 , 6089 are the same , same size , same picture . I left clicked it and chose assign to the same pic. Maybe i did wrong because I'm totally new to these stuffs . Please help me

I followed this guide

@ xxrazor : i cant send you message , your inbox is full !
Mate, that is a vista orb and not a Windows 7, you need to make sure that the orb is transparent,

Try this HERE, scoll to the bottom and you will see mind.

cheers
xxrazor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1278

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxrazor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Yay , i did it , i've done with taking ownership of the explorer.exe . But still i dont know why the start button didnt work . Check this picture , is it right ? http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/u...Untitled-1.jpg

The 6801 , 6085 , 6089 are the same , same size , same picture . I left clicked it and chose assign to the same pic. Maybe i did wrong because I'm totally new to these stuffs . Please help me

I followed this guide

@ xxrazor : i cant send you message , your inbox is full !
Mate, that is a vista orb and not a Windows 7, you need to make sure that the orb is transparent,

Try this HERE, scoll to the bottom and you will see mind.

cheers
xxrazor
Wow , suck a big mistake i had . Gotta find some Windows 7 orb now . Thanks a bundle !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1279

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxrazor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Yay , i did it , i've done with taking ownership of the explorer.exe . But still i dont know why the start button didnt work . Check this picture , is it right ? http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/u...Untitled-1.jpg

The 6801 , 6085 , 6089 are the same , same size , same picture . I left clicked it and chose assign to the same pic. Maybe i did wrong because I'm totally new to these stuffs . Please help me

I followed this guide

@ xxrazor : i cant send you message , your inbox is full !
Mate, that is a vista orb and not a Windows 7, you need to make sure that the orb is transparent,

Try this HERE, scoll to the bottom and you will see mind.

cheers
xxrazor
Wow , suck a big mistake i had . Gotta find some Windows 7 orb now . Thanks a bundle !
Here are some orbs that I got from this thread 7 Startorbs.zip


My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1280

Dual Boot 7600 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edrik View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxrazor View Post

Mate, that is a vista orb and not a Windows 7, you need to make sure that the orb is transparent,

Try this HERE, scoll to the bottom and you will see mind.

cheers
xxrazor
Wow , suck a big mistake i had . Gotta find some Windows 7 orb now . Thanks a bundle !
Here are some orbs that I got from this thread Attachment 31731
I have a collection HERE as well.

cheers
xxrazor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.
Thread Forum
custom start menu themes invisible Customization
Laptop wont start after removing custom icons! Customization
Custom Start Buttons are Invisible Customization
Hyperdesk themes and flashing taskbar buttons Customization
Start Menu custom icons not showing. Customization
Setting Custom Icons for Themes Themes and Styles
Custom Themes, Custom Icons Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33