Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.

17 Oct 2009   #1281
Aceeze

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks edrik and xxrazor .
xxrazor : could you please upload to mediafire ? I cant download it , it requires 8 posts


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Oct 2009   #1282
xxrazor

Dual Boot 7600 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Thanks edrik and xxrazor .
xxrazor : could you please upload to mediafire ? I cant download it , it requires 8 posts
sorry mate, what cant you download?

cheers
xxrazor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1283
Aceeze

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxrazor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Thanks edrik and xxrazor .
xxrazor : could you please upload to mediafire ? I cant download it , it requires 8 posts
sorry mate, what cant you download?

cheers
xxrazor
because it requires 8 posts to download . And i dont know what to post in that forum to have 8 posts . please upload to ************** , it's a free and easy hosting

By the way , do you know how did he change the default icon of firefox to that blue firefox ? On the top left of the screen : http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...-untitle2d.png
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2009   #1284
edrik

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxrazor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
Thanks edrik and xxrazor .
xxrazor : could you please upload to mediafire ? I cant download it , it requires 8 posts
sorry mate, what cant you download?

cheers
xxrazor
because it requires 8 posts to download . And i dont know what to post in that forum to have 8 posts . please upload to ************** , it's a free and easy hosting

By the way , do you know how did he change the default icon of firefox to that blue firefox ? On the top left of the screen : http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...-untitle2d.png

I used a Resource Editor..
changed the ico in the Firefox executable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1285
Aceeze

Windows 7
 
 

detail please .
Oh , and 1 thing , i dont know what i did wrong . I left clicked all the 6801 , 6805 , 6809 , and chose assign to the same picture ( i tested 3 of 7-StartOrb zip edrik posted ) . But it still dont work . What i did after i chose assign to is restart . So what step i did wrong ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1286
edrik

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
detail please .
Oh , and 1 thing , i dont know what i did wrong . I left clicked all the 6801 , 6805 , 6809 , and chose assign to the same picture ( i tested 3 of 7-StartOrb zip edrik posted ) . But it still dont work . What i did after i chose assign to is restart . So what step i did wrong ?
After assigning..
you should save it in your desktop..
then take ownership of your original explorer.exe found in your Windows folder..
then rename it to explorer.exe.bak..
then move the explorer.exe from your desktop to your Windows folder
and you don't have to reboot your system.. just kill explorer.exe using task manager and start a new task for explorer.exe


Now in order to change the icon in firefox.. open Firefox.exe using Restorator or any resource editor
(found in your Mozilla Firefox Folder)
then open the Icon folder in the left pane and replace it with the icon of your choice
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1287
Aceeze

Windows 7
 
 

do you know how to change the hidden extension of the file ? I mean when i rename the file it's just explorer , not explorer.exe , seems that the .exe is hidden , and i know how to uncheck that like i did in XP :-p .
Anyway thanks edrik , i did it . Successfully
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1288
skyli

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Hi!
How can i make the clock's text in the taskbar to fully transparent?
I want to disable the clock but i need the place for the other clock from rainmeter.


Attached Images
Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.-kepkivagas.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1289
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thaace View Post
do you know how to change the hidden extension of the file ? I mean when i rename the file it's just explorer , not explorer.exe , seems that the .exe is hidden , and i know how to uncheck that like i did in XP :-p .
Anyway thanks edrik , i did it . Successfully
Go into any folder and hit the alt button. This will bring up the menu bar. Click on Tools>Folder Options, click on the View tab and uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #1290
Aceeze

Windows 7
 
 

Hey everyone , any ideas how to make this thing ? It looks cool
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hBIDS7J4U&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Windows 7 UI Animations: Increasing Context and Tangibility[/ame]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Themes, Icons and Start Buttons.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
custom start menu themes invisible
when i downloaded some themes that gave the start menu a bg image the start menu becomes invisible http://s17.postimg.org/bls08ffej/Untitled.jpg i dont mind it since i have most shortcuts i need in my desktop anyway, but its annoying and i really wanna see the epic start menu :p thought if i...
Customization
Laptop wont start after removing custom icons!
Hey, I downloaded a Alienware theme, but couldnt get rid of the icons. So I downloaded something from Deviantart, I read on the forum, cant remember link, that if I had service pack 1, I could use it and remove the icons. So I opened it up, and followed the steps (in cmd thing) where it asked me...
Customization
Custom Start Buttons are Invisible
just as the title says, my custom start buttons dont show up when i apply them, the button is still there in the sence that i can still click it and the start menu pops up, my button is just not there. when i reset it back to the default windows 7 start button it shows up fine but whenever i...
Customization
Start Menu custom icons not showing.
Hey guys, i'm having this rather strange problem, where i change the icons for my shortcuts in the start menu, restart Explorer.exe and the icons don't change.. Although in the taskbar when the program is run from the custom icon'd shortcut, the icon shows up. Is there something im missing...
Customization
Setting Custom Icons for Themes
How do you do that in Windows 7? (I use Home Premium) I know it was quite easy in Windows XP, but I can't figure out how to do it anymore. What I need help with: Setting custom icons for certain file types. IE: The default Folder icon to something different. Or, setting a different icon...
Themes and Styles
Custom Themes, Custom Icons
With the addition of slideshow within Windows 7 it is now possible to do away with single image backgrounds. This short thread will teach you how to create your own themes and use custom icons for that theme. First you need to decide what wallpapers you wish to use for you slideshow, these...
Themes and Styles


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App