Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Some questions about exporting themes/files

12 Jan 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Some questions about exporting themes/files

I've created a theme for a few friends, it's got a customized start button, a different desktop background, a different cursor, a different colour scheme and different fonts. If went into my themes folder and dragged the themename.theme into a rar folder and then someone extracted it and installed it, would everything work or would I have to include the images in a seperate folder (the background/start button)?

Any help would be appreciated!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jan 2012   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 w/SP1
 
 

If you created a folder with all the theme components then you must include it with the .theme file in your rar file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2012   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Welcome to the Seven Forums
Most of that can be done by creating a Theme Pack Theme Pack - Create, Save, Install, and Delete As long as the cursor and the fonts are default installed by Windows but for the Start Button That Will Have To Be Done Manually or with a Start Button Changer.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jan 2012   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Welcome to the Seven Forums
Most of that can be done by creating a Theme Pack Theme Pack - Create, Save, Install, and Delete As long as the cursor and the fonts are default installed by Windows but for the Start Button That Will Have To Be Done Manually or with a Start Button Changer.
Jerry
Thanks, if they wanted the custom start button, would I have to include the image and the Start Button Changer tool? Is there no way to have it done automatically when you install the theme?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jloc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Welcome to the Seven Forums
Most of that can be done by creating a Theme Pack Theme Pack - Create, Save, Install, and Delete As long as the cursor and the fonts are default installed by Windows but for the Start Button That Will Have To Be Done Manually or with a Start Button Changer.
Jerry
Thanks, if they wanted the custom start button, would I have to include the image and the Start Button Changer tool? Is there no way to have it done automatically when you install the theme?
1st ?
You would have to provide the image and a link to the tool.
2nd ?
Not that I know of.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jloc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Welcome to the Seven Forums
Most of that can be done by creating a Theme Pack Theme Pack - Create, Save, Install, and Delete As long as the cursor and the fonts are default installed by Windows but for the Start Button That Will Have To Be Done Manually or with a Start Button Changer.
Jerry
Thanks, if they wanted the custom start button, would I have to include the image and the Start Button Changer tool? Is there no way to have it done automatically when you install the theme?
1st ?
You would have to provide the image and a link to the tool.
2nd ?
Not that I know of.
Jerry
Thanks for the quick reply, that's everything cleared up now Also, do you know how many posts I need to be able to write visitor messages/PM other users?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2012   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jloc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jloc View Post

Thanks, if they wanted the custom start button, would I have to include the image and the Start Button Changer tool? Is there no way to have it done automatically when you install the theme?
1st ?
You would have to provide the image and a link to the tool.
2nd ?
Not that I know of.
Jerry
Thanks for the quick reply, that's everything cleared up now Also, do you know how many posts I need to be able to write visitor messages/PM other users?
You're Welcome
I know there is so many post needed but I do not know how many I will ask.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jloc View Post
Also, do you know how many posts I need to be able to write visitor messages/PM other users?
Hello Jloc, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It will be after 10 posts, and when you are no longer classified as a "New Member" shortly after.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jloc View Post
Also, do you know how many posts I need to be able to write visitor messages/PM other users?
Hello Jloc, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It will be after 10 posts, and when you are no longer classified as a "New Member" shortly after.
Thanks for the reply, Brink and thanks Bongo for your help! Appreciate it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2012   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

You're welcome
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Some questions about exporting themes/files





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Some questions about exporting themes/files
Thread Forum
Trying to take ownership of system .dll files to add custome themes. Customization
Solved Unable to save my created themes in .themepack files Themes and Styles
Creating Themes from Old Theme Files - Background Changes Themes and Styles
Solved Custom themes questions Themes and Styles
Where are files for the Themes located? Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33