Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query

11 Mar 2012   #11
Kumaranil1918

Windows 7 professional 32-bit
 
 

I hav created d image successfully and also verified the created image file using macrium reflect.I've uploaded the verification result.Pls check n tel me if its k now to install lion transformation pack.Now after uninstalling the transformation pack wont my windows trouble during the restoration of C drive image?And another thing i wanted to ask is wen i opened macrium reflect its asked something i uploaded that image also pls check and tel me wat does it mean?? Should i have to create rescue media also?Can i create it in another drive instead of c??




Attached Images
Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query-macriun-reflect-image-verifying-result.png Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query-macrium-reflect-dialogue-box.png Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query-macrium-reflect-rescue-media-wizard.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Mar 2012   #12
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Hi,

It looks like you haven't yet created a Startup CD - this is needed in order to boot the system, and then locate the image from which you want to restore from.

I suggest you use the Linux option to do that. Once completed, boot from this CD/DVD to ensure it works before you make changes to your system.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2012   #13
Kumaranil1918

Windows 7 professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Hi,

It looks like you haven't yet created a Startup CD - this is needed in order to boot the system, and then locate the image from which you want to restore from.

I suggest you use the Linux option to do that. Once completed, boot from this CD/DVD to ensure it works before you make changes to your system.

Regards,
Golden
Hi,
Actually wat do i need this.. I install lion transformation pack in windows den uninstall it in windows or windows safe mode.Pls refer to my previous posts in this thread n try to help me with dat.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Mar 2012   #14
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kumaranil1918 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Hi,

It looks like you haven't yet created a Startup CD - this is needed in order to boot the system, and then locate the image from which you want to restore from.

I suggest you use the Linux option to do that. Once completed, boot from this CD/DVD to ensure it works before you make changes to your system.

Regards,
Golden
Hi,
Actually wat do i need this.. I install lion transformation pack in windows den uninstall it in windows or windows safe mode.Pls refer to my previous posts in this thread n try to help me with dat.
Well, basically, you take an image of the drive, which I believe you already did.Then, you'd have to create a bootable CD for Macrium. After this, you can install whichever transformation pack you want. If something goes wrong, you can simply boot using the rescue CD you created and restore the image of the drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2012   #15
Kumaranil1918

Windows 7 professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kumaranil1918 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Hi,

It looks like you haven't yet created a Startup CD - this is needed in order to boot the system, and then locate the image from which you want to restore from.

I suggest you use the Linux option to do that. Once completed, boot from this CD/DVD to ensure it works before you make changes to your system.

Regards,
Golden
Hi,
Actually wat do i need this.. I install lion transformation pack in windows den uninstall it in windows or windows safe mode.Pls refer to my previous posts in this thread n try to help me with dat.
Well, basically, you take an image of the drive, which I believe you already did.Then, you'd have to create a bootable CD for Macrium. After this, you can install whichever transformation pack you want. If something goes wrong, you can simply boot using the rescue CD you created and restore the image of the drive.
i already created image f my C drive in another drive.So if i want to install transformation pack i want den cant i restore it using safe mode do i hav to create a bootable Cd for it??And the size of the image file of C drive is about 14Gb i cant even write it in a Dvd?So wat shall i do now??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2012   #16
Kumaranil1918

Windows 7 professional 32-bit
 
 

I already created bootable resue media using macrium and save it C as well as also in the drive whick contains the image file..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2012   #17
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Hi,

The rescue media must be burnt to a CD, or even a bootable USB:

MACRIUM REFLECT - Create Bootable Rescue USB Drive

The image file must be copied to a completely different drive or an external USB drive.

If you don't do this, and your C: gets corrupted you have no way of booting and restoring the Macrium image.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2012   #18
Kumaranil1918

Windows 7 professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Hi,

The rescue media must be burnt to a CD, or even a bootable USB:

MACRIUM REFLECT - Create Bootable Rescue USB Drive

The image file must be copied to a completely different drive or an external USB drive.

If you don't do this, and your C: gets corrupted you have no way of booting and restoring the Macrium image.

Regards,
Golden
I already created image file of my C drive to another S: drive(another partition) in my lap.I created 2 copies of rescue media(1.In C drive another in S drive).I will also create rescue media in bootable usb drive. Is it k if i create image file in my S drive??


Attached Thumbnails
Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query-s-drive.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2012   #19
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Hi,

Yes, it is fine in S: as long as the entire disk doesn't malfunction - to be completely safe, an image on an external USB drive is the best solution.

Regards,
golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2012   #20
Kumaranil1918

Windows 7 professional 32-bit
 
 

Tank u for ur help & support i successfully created bootable usb drive as said in the tutorial.I also checked created bootable usb drive by restarting my lap.It worked f9 as said in the tutorial.Tank u once again.I hav only one doubt which is "I created image file of C using macrium reflect in S drive and its in .mrming format.How will i select this image file stored in S while booting from usb??


Attached Images
Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query-c-image-file.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Lion Transformation Pack 1.0 for win7(32-bit) query




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
User Tiles, need default .bmp files, changed by a transformation pack
Hi Guys! I recently installed a transformation pack on my netbook that is called "Windows 10 Transformation Pack" after installing it, i realized that it looks really crappy as f***, so i decided to uninstall it, after uninstalling it, i realized that my user tiles (my default one is an ASUS...
General Discussion
Snow Transformation Pack Folder Issue
Recently I used the Snow Transformation pack to make my PC look like a mac and it was nice. But now I uninstalled it and some of the folder icons it changed have not been defaulted to windows 7. How can I change them back to the original Icons.
Customization
Vista Transformation Pack
Someone made a Vista Transformation Pack for XP and 2003. Is it possible to install this on Windows 7? What about with compatibility mode? I don't mean a Vista theme. I have one installed right now, but it doesn't make my computer feel enough like Vista. I posted a few pictures of it below.
Customization
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 query
Hi. I hope someone can help me with this please? I have a HP 110-3138 netbook with Windows 7 Starter. I need to install SP1 but I have not had the capacity to download the required file as it is quite large and normally I use a wireless Net with only 4 GB capacity a month. At present I...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows XP transformation pack alpha 1
Ever wanted to make your seven computer look like XP? Couldn't find what you wanted on the internet? Well I got your back covered because I have started a project called windows xp transformation pack People who want to help me are welcome to help It's project page is...
Themes and Styles
Windows 7 Transformation pack
hello. I don't want to buy the Real Windows 7, so I want to download a Transformation pack. So my PC has 2.80GHZ and 3.50 GO RAM and 300 GO in the Local Driver. it runs really well. So I want to know if I download a Transformation Pack, do you know guys if I will lag ? My PC is a Computer of the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App