Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 - Stuck on Classic theme, other themes not working

10 Apr 2012   #1
alexcc17

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Windows 7 - Stuck on Classic theme, other themes not working

I have tried everything trying to fix this problem to no avail. Yesterday, I used the program "Eraser" to wipe my free disk space, but a popup came up saying my memory was running low, even though I had about 500GB left, so I exited from the program even though it looked almost complete.
Later yesterday I opened a word document and a popup came up saying I didn't have enough memory and that it had to change fonts, so I restarted my computer. When I restarted my computer my theme was changed to Windows Classic and I have not been able to change it back.

A thread I read similar to this was: My taskbar is stuck on classic. but unfortunately none of those solutions worked.

I have tried:
Screenshot: http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/ima...30268-orig.jpg

Computer:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Radeon HD 6770M
Intel HD Graphics Family
i7 Processor
HP laptop

EDIT:
Now I really need help!
I burned the iso image to a blank DVD. Followed the repair install instructions and ran it while in windows and after trying two times, after it installs and the computer starts I see it show to little animation saying windows is starting, but it then goes black, completely black, like the monitor isn't on. I can hear the start up sounds and the caution sound when I click certain buttons, but the screen is off.

I tried plugging into the HDMI port of my TV to check if I can see anything, but that doesn't work either.

I didn't get a chance to backup anything, so I really need to fix this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Apr 2012   #2
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

I have had that when building my own mini versions of windows.

Never managed to pin down the cause.

Your best course of action is to do a Repair Install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #3
alexcc17

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I don't actually have the installation CD though
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Apr 2012   #4
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Not hard to find at mydigitallife
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #5
Influx

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / WCP x64 / Ubuntu 11 x64
 
 

Borrow a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (SP1 if SP1) DVD from a friend and do a repair install. I think that's the only solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #6
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alexcc17 View Post
I have tried everything trying to fix this problem to no avail. Yesterday, I used the program "Eraser" to wipe my free disk space, but a popup came up saying my memory was running low, even though I had about 500GB left, so I exited from the program even though it looked almost complete.
Later yesterday I opened a word document and a popup came up saying I didn't have enough memory and that it had to change fonts, so I restarted my computer. When I restarted my computer my theme was changed to Windows Classic and I have not been able to change it back.

A thread I read similar to this was: My taskbar is stuck on classic. but unfortunately none of those solutions worked.


I have tried:Screenshot: http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/ima...30268-orig.jpg

Computer:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Radeon HD 6770M
Intel HD Graphics Family
i7 Processor
HP laptop

Any help is greatly appreciated!
When Windows says it is running out of memory, that means it is running out of ram (memory). Try running msconfig and go to the startup tab. Disable everything except your antivirus. Also, run a virus scan with malwarebytes: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Download.com
Post back with your results
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #7
AddRAM

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Why would windows ever tell you it`s running out of memory ? That makes no sense whatsoever. Memory is volatile. There is no reason to wipe free space. Whatever you did, downloaded etc. has ruined windows. Did you scan it b4 you installed and ran it ? Get all your data off the drive, download the iso and reinstall windows or use your recovery partition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #8
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Why would windows ever tell you it`s running out of memory ? That makes no sense whatever. Memory is volatile.
For example, of you have 2 gigs of ram and Windows and your programs are using 1.8 gigs of ram, technically it's running out of ram. Now, you can shut down your pc and that will clear out your ram. Windows is just saying that if you don't close some programs, your pc is gonna get slow and disable Aero, or it will give you a friendly looking BSOD
Hoped this helped
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #9
AddRAM

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Why would windows ever tell you it`s running out of memory ? That makes no sense whatever. Memory is volatile.
For example, of you have 2 gigs of ram and Windows and your programs are using 1.8 gigs of ram, technically it's running out of ram. Now, you can shut down your pc and that will clear out your ram. Windows is just saying that if you don't close some programs, your pc is gonna get slow and disable Aero, or it will give you a friendly looking BSOD
Hoped this helped
Sorry, but I totally disagree. Maybe in the days of old but not with W7.
Alex you are confusing memory with diskspace. How much memory do you have in your computer, you do not list it. And have you ever received this popup b4 running this program ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #10
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 10 build 10074
 
 

Hello Alex, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Did you by chance turn off the page file, or set it to low of an amount of space?

This would be a reason why you may get the "low memory" warning. If so, set the page file to be managed by the system.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 - Stuck on Classic theme, other themes not working




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Stuck on classic theme after running eraser on my C drive
hi guys, I am stuck on Classic theme after running ERaser yesterday on unused space on my C drive, same issue as this guy had here which was an ooold thread, sorry for doing a new one if it's not "allowed" :...
Themes and Styles
Stuck on Classic theme after installing NVIDIA drivers
So yesterday I was all exited because my new GTX 660 came in. I built it in my computer right away, installed the drivers from the DVD and updated them. I am running 320.18 WHQL driver for 64 bit. But now, my theme seems to be stuck on Classic. All the other themes in the control panel are...
Themes and Styles
Windows stuck on Classic theme.. Virus??
Hello, This is my first post on this thread, so I apologize if this is the wrong place! My mom has asked me to look at her laptop, which she believe's has a virus. From what she has said, she was trying to stream the NBA on her laptop and wound up downloading some programs in order to...
System Security
Windows 7 stuck in classic theme
Hi, I have had a windows 7 x64 installation running for over 4 weeks on my pc, aero worked on my pc. Today I did a reboot because nero burning rom didn't start( I've had this problem before and ussually it worked after the reboot). After the reboot windows started up in windows classic mode. I...
Themes and Styles
W7 Classic theme activated when trying to activate downloaded themes
when i try to activate a theme i downloaded from the internet windows 7 activates the windows classic theme i think this could be because of a theme pack i installed.
Themes and Styles
Stuck on Windows Classic theme.
I have switched between Windows Aero and Windows Classic themes many times, but now I'm stuck on Windows Classic theme. What should I do? I've got Acer Aspire 5724G.
Virtualization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App