By default, Windows Server 2008 R2 doesn't include Aero. Don't worry
, you can still have Aero on your system. But make sure that your computer has passed Aero requirements. Install Desktop Experience
1. Click Start, click Control Panel.
2. On Control Panel. Click Programs and Features
(list view) or Uninstall a program
under Programs category.
3. On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off
4. If User Account Control
tells you to enter administrator password, ask your computer administrator before continuing to Step 5. If no UAC prompt, skip to Step 5.
5. In the Features Summary
section, click Add Features
6. Select Desktop Experience
check box. Click Install.
7. Restart your computer if needed. Enable Themes service
1. Click Start, type services.msc
. Press Enter.
2. Double click Themes
3. Start the Themes service and set it as automatic
4. Click OK. Choose an Aero theme
1. Right click the empty desktop.
2. When the context menu appears, select Personalize
3. Click a theme to apply Aero theme.
Now you're running Aero on Windows Server 2008 R2.
If you see Troubleshoot problems with transparency and other Aero effects
link at the bottom. Means that your video driver
doesn't support Aero and needs to be updated.