Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: cant change themes ???


30 Jan 2010   #1

win7 ultimate
 
 
cant change themes ???

Hi

Ive install win 7 on my pc which has the specifications listed below :-

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3...0130043325.jpg

but i found that i cant change themes ... so , if I wanna change themes , only the background changes , not the whole theme ... & the only appearence Igot is the win 7 basic theme ...

can any one help me to change themes ??

May this happens because oif my device hardware limitations ?




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2010   #2

Windows 7 RTM 64bit, Windows 8 Pro 64bit
 
 

Have you Patched your system files? Look here first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #3

Dual Boot 7600 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sunset72 View Post
Hi

Ive install win 7 on my pc which has the specifications listed below :-

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3...0130043325.jpg

but i found that i cant change themes ... so , if I wanna change themes , only the background changes , not the whole theme ... & the only appearence Igot is the win 7 basic theme ...

can any one help me to change themes ??

May this happens because oif my device hardware limitations ?
If you look at your graphic card (Video Adapter), you will find that it is not "Aero Compatible", thats why you can only see basic windows theme, you need to replace your graphics card, sorry mate.

Cheers
xxrazor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Jan 2010   #4

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxrazor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sunset72 View Post
Hi

Ive install win 7 on my pc which has the specifications listed below :-

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3...0130043325.jpg

but i found that i cant change themes ... so , if I wanna change themes , only the background changes , not the whole theme ... & the only appearence Igot is the win 7 basic theme ...

can any one help me to change themes ??

May this happens because oif my device hardware limitations ?
If you look at your graphic card (Video Adapter), you will find that it is not "Aero Compatible", thats why you can only see basic windows theme, you need to replace your graphics card, sorry mate.

Cheers
xxrazor
How about that...
Mine currently is the onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150SE which is only 128mb, and i can run Aero fine He got a 256mb, so why shouldnt he be able to run Aero?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #5

win7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheBull View Post
Have you Patched your system files? Look here first.
No .. I havent patched it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 RTM 64bit, Windows 8 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sunset72 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheBull View Post
Have you Patched your system files? Look here first.
No .. I havent patched it
Follow Sergio's tutorial, Patch your files...and give us some feedback mate!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #7

win7 ultimate
 
 

SOrry .. nothing happpens , the same thing still
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #8

win7 ultimate
 
 

Quote:
If you look at your graphic card (Video Adapter), you will find that it is not "Aero Compatible", thats why you can only see basic windows theme, you need to replace your graphics card, sorry mate.

Cheers
xxrazor
is there any tool or any program help me to change my visual style ??

because replaceing my graphics card means buying new motherboard
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #9

 

Start Menu Type "Windows Experience Index" in the search and click the item who shows up as "Check Windows Experience Index" Then, in the left side of the window you should see a pane where there's an option named "Adjust Visual Effects, click that.

Now adjust your visual effects as you want. This might solve your problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #10

win7 ultimate
 
 

I think that the reason is " Aero " ... I did what you say but the same thing exists

Also i try themes that not require aero but the same thing exists ...

thank you all for your participation & still waitnig any useful solution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 cant change themes ???




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: cant change themes ???
Thread Forum
Is there a app that can change my themes automatically? Themes and Styles
Cannot Change themes in window 7 professional Themes and Styles
how to change elements of themes? Themes and Styles
Solved Can't change themes or wallpapers! Themes and Styles
can't change themes windows 7 Themes and Styles
Unable to change themes in W7 Ultimate Themes and Styles
Cant change, select Aero themes. Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33