Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 stuck in classic theme

28 Feb 2010   #1

windows 7 x64
 
 
Windows 7 stuck in classic theme

Hi, I have had a windows 7 x64 installation running for over 4 weeks on my pc, aero worked on my pc. Today I did a reboot because nero burning rom didn't start( I've had this problem before and ussually it worked after the reboot). After the reboot windows started up in windows classic mode. I tried to change it back to aero ( I even tried changing to basic) but only the wallpaper changed.

I have already tried different meassures that I found on the internet. ( going to services and msconfig ) I really prefer the aero interface and I hope someone can help me on this forum.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon x2 4200
Nvidia Geforce GT 220
4 GB RAM

If you need any extra information let me know.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Feb 2010   #2

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Do you have any restore points available before you encounter this problem? If there is, restore your PC to a previous state when aero is enabled.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2010   #3

windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by D3ftOn3Z View Post
Do you have any restore points available before you encounter this problem? If there is, restore your PC to a previous state when aero is enabled.
Did that but it didn't work.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Feb 2010   #4

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by o0rsd0o View Post

Did that but it didn't work.....
Really hope i could give you any further suggestions. But that's the only method i've used before to get my aero theme back and it worked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

friend same problem plz help me mvk.world@gmail.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2011   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erodevivek View Post
friend same problem plz help me
Welcome to the Seven Forums
You should have started a new thread this is an old one.
And you should remove your e-mail address from your post.
Try this
Click on start button in the search box type Aero and look for Find and fix problems with transparency and check for problems
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Some folks, including me, followed a performance tweak and were stuck with the Windows 7 toolbar being a white (Windows Classic). Altering the theme did not correct this. It turned out the Themes service was not automatic.

If you have this problem, where Desktop (right-click) "Personalize" "Windows Color" showing only as Windows Classic).

Run "services.msc", ensure the "Themes" service is Automatic (and Started).

Then you can then select any Windows Aero theme and it will provide the toolbar transparency again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2012   #8

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Windows 7 stuck in classic theme

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erodevivek View Post
friend same problem plz help me
Welcome to the Seven Forums
You should have started a new thread this is an old one.
And you should remove your e-mail address from your post.
Try this
Click on start button in the search box type Aero and look for Find and fix problems with transparency and check for problems
Jerry
Tried this this morning, it went through a few trobbleshooting screens, made a few corrections on its own and wa-LA! It worked! Just had to say...
Thanks!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2012   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prairieoaks View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erodevivek View Post
friend same problem plz help me
Welcome to the Seven Forums
You should have started a new thread this is an old one.
And you should remove your e-mail address from your post.
Try this
Click on start button in the search box type Aero and look for Find and fix problems with transparency and check for problems
Jerry
Tried this this morning, it went through a few trobbleshooting screens, made a few corrections on its own and wa-LA! It worked! Just had to say...
Thanks!!!
Welcome to the Seven Forums
You're welcome
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2012   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

For future reference rerunning your experience score will sometimez cause the settings to be updated fixing the problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 stuck in classic theme




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33