Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wanting more "Classic" themes


16 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 
Wanting more "Classic" themes

Okay, quick question here, and I'm willing to bet someone's able to help.

I'm using the "Classic Windows Theme" in the theme list, and there's not much to choose from. I was a huge fan of Windows XP due to the theme options in the system. Is there a website I can download free Classic Windows Themes that have different colors and such like it did in Windows XP in it's list?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jun 2010   #2

Windows 7 RTM 64bit, Windows 8 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Okay, quick question here, and I'm willing to bet someone's able to help.

I'm using the "Classic Windows Theme" in the theme list, and there's not much to choose from. I was a huge fan of Windows XP due to the theme options in the system. Is there a website I can download free Classic Windows Themes that have different colors and such like it did in Windows XP in it's list?
You can come and look [here]!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Won't let me register there for some reason. Keeps telling me that my passwords don't match (even if I fill out all 3 fields with the same password). Might be bugged for all I know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Jun 2010   #4

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Okay, quick question here, and I'm willing to bet someone's able to help.

I'm using the "Classic Windows Theme" in the theme list, and there's not much to choose from. I was a huge fan of Windows XP due to the theme options in the system. Is there a website I can download free Classic Windows Themes that have different colors and such like it did in Windows XP in it's list?
Let's see if I got this straight. You want to keep the Classic theme with regard to layout and just change the colours or something a bit more complicated than that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Anything with the Windows classic theme.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Won't let me register there for some reason. Keeps telling me that my passwords don't match (even if I fill out all 3 fields with the same password). Might be bugged for all I know.
Completely cracked, I'd say! If I try to register it tells me that my email address is already registered but if I ask for a password reminder it tells me that it doesn't recognise the address! I've emailed the admin but I won't be holding my breath for an answer!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #7

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Anything with the Windows classic theme.
Gotcha. I'll have a delve.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #8

 

So initial research doesn't look good. It appears that the Windows 7 classic theme doesn't respond to visual styles and doesn't have a style file of its own to mess about with either. So I'm afraid it's looking like the only changes possible are those available through the Personalization panel, which is not a lot! I'll keep an eye out for any information to the contrary but I don't hold out much hope.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dunfiddlin View Post
So initial research doesn't look good. It appears that the Windows 7 classic theme doesn't respond to visual styles and doesn't have a style file of its own to mess about with either. So I'm afraid it's looking like the only changes possible are those available through the Personalization panel, which is not a lot! I'll keep an eye out for any information to the contrary but I don't hold out much hope.
Alright. Thanks. I wasn't really expecting much out of it anyway. Figured I'd ask. How about regular Windows 7 themes then? Know any sites I can grab some really good ones for free?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wanting more "Classic" themes




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33