Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

28 Jul 2010   #9
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

How to Stress Test a Video Card with Furmark


1. Download Furmark from the link below.
FurMark: VGA Stress Test,...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #10
IMAyNeed

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Passed, yes; problem identified, perhaps. 100C is quite high, even for a GPU. nVidia GPUs can supposedly reach 105C safely, but reports have temperatures in the lower 90s causing problems as well.

I'd say work on bringing those temps down; use a can of air to blow out heat sinks, fans, and air vents.
It got to 100 C after half an hour. Is it still a problem?
Can you please explain can of air?
And I would like to remind that this is a notebook.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #11
IownAmoneyPit

Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x 64 & Windows 8.1 x 64
 
 

FurMark 1.9.0 - February 25th, 2011
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #12
IMAyNeed

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
FurMark 1.9.0 - February 25th, 2011
I am not sure if I got your point. Are you referring to 100 C issue. In this version, 100 C has been set as an up limit and plays a sound when reached. Is this what you mean, or there is another thing? Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #13
IownAmoneyPit

Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x 64 & Windows 8.1 x 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IMAyNeed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
FurMark 1.9.0 - February 25th, 2011
I am not sure if I got your point. Are you referring to 100 C issue. In this version, 100 C has been set as an up limit and plays a sound when reached. Is this what you mean, or there is another thing? Thanks.
No I was just posting the newest version of Furmark as it adds support for newer video cards. (eg gtx 500 series)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Apr 2011   #14
IMAyNeed

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IMAyNeed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
FurMark 1.9.0 - February 25th, 2011
I am not sure if I got your point. Are you referring to 100 C issue. In this version, 100 C has been set as an up limit and plays a sound when reached. Is this what you mean, or there is another thing? Thanks.
No I was just posting the newest version of Furmark as it adds support for newer video cards. (eg gtx 500 series)
Oh, ok. Thank you very much for the link. I installed it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #15
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Can of compressed air:



Because you have a laptop, just blow out all the air vents.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #16
IMAyNeed

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Can of compressed air:

Because you have a laptop, just blow out all the air vents.
Thank you for the reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #17
Kmerse

Windows 7 Ulitmate 64 bit
 
 

So this test is only for artifacts and temp, right?
Hwo di I recognize an artifact? Because I think (not completely sure) that I saw some gliches or errors or something like that on the lower right corner of the screen, but they were there only for a fragment of a second, so I couldn't take a good look at them. Does this mean that my test failed?

Does it matter if post-FX is on or off by the way?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #18
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

An artifact is a glitch in the display; if you're unsure about it, snap a picture with a camera and upload it here.

I'm not familiar with the Post-FX option; I'll have to research that. It certainly won't hurt though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #19
Kmerse

Windows 7 Ulitmate 64 bit
 
 

The glitches was there, that's for sure... But only for a very short time. I don't think that I could make a video by the way, because my computer crashed during the tests. However it didn't crashed with my old card...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark




Tutorial Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Windows 7 Tutorial Category
CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest Tutorials
Interpreting Furmark test? Graphic Cards
Bsod during stress test 0xa BSOD Help and Support
Solved How can I test video card ram? Performance & Maintenance
PC Shutdown after Orthos Stress Test. Hardware & Devices
Q6600 Stress Test PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Stress Test Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33