How to Combine Multiple MKV or MP4 Segments into 1 File
If you have multiple .MKV or MP4 files that you would like to to merge together, forming a single MKV file, without recoding, this tutorial will show you how.
You will need MKV merge for this task.
For MeGUI Users:
The MKV Merge GUI can be found in the 'Tools" folder in the installation directory.
By default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI\Tools\mkvmerge\mmg.exe
Scroll down to the bottom for the latest versions.
There will be 2 versions.
1 is a installer version, one is a zip file containing all thats needed.
For the purposes of MKV merge, it does not need to be installed, and the 7-zip package is perfectly fine, unless you wish to install it. Your Choice here.
Once extracted, you will have a folder called, mkvtoolnix.
It contents will be the exact same as the MeGUI/Tools/MKVMerge Folder.
((Please make note, you will still need Haali Splitter))
How to Merge the Files
1) Open MKVMerge by Double Clicking the MMG.Exe file the toolkit.
You will have a GUI that looks like one in Step 2
2) Click the Add button, and add the first video clip.
Please not, that it does not have to be a MKV file as the source. This works for MP4 as well.
As usual with MKV Merge, you will have a list of all streams this video contains.
3) Next, to "merge" another video:
Click the Append button, and choose the next clip you wish to add
Do not add!
The next clip will follow the 1st in play order.
As you can see, as indicated by the ++> symbol, this will be merged into the first video, imediatly following it.
4) Repeat the append step for each video you wish to add.
5) Once you have added all you wish too add, Click the Browse button in the Output section at the bottom, and choose a save location, and name you Combined Video as you see fit.
6) Press Start Muxing.
Hope this is useful.