How to Create an "Add Hardware" Wizard Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download an Add Hardware wizard shortcut in Windows 7.
EXAMPLE: Add Hardware Wizard
To Download the "Add Hardware" Shortcut
1. Click on the download button below to download the file below.
Add_Hardware.zip2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the downloaded .zip file and extract the Add Hardware shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Add Hardware shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Add Hardware" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Add a device for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.