I've uninstalled IE 9 and IE 8 seems to be OK. A couple of things happened after I did the reset in IE 9. I got prompted to enable two plugins, one was Research and the other one I can't remember, both were Microsoft. Then when my home page Google loaded I got a script error and there were two extra windows on the screen. One down the left side and one across the bottom. What was in them didn't make any sense to me and I closed them. I closed IE 9 32 bit and opened it again and Google loaded OK. I tried the view downloads again and it crashed like the first time only after that IE crashed every time I tried to open it. IE 9 x64 was OK though. I've uninstalled the Adobe flash beta too. I'm guessing if I had done a clean install of windows and then installed IE 9 beta with no third party add-ins that wouldn't happen. In a month or two I plan on buying a new SATA hard drive for this rig and will be doing a clean install. I'll likely try again then but for now I think I'll stay with IE 8.