How to Get a DownTheMall Alternative for Google Chrome
Have you ever missed the brilliant DownTheMall from Firefox and want it in Chrome, then this guide will show you how It isn't actually DownTheMall but a workaround.
Things you will need:
- Free Download Manager
- DM-Bridge extension for Chrome
1) Install Chrome if you haven't already but I assume you will be using as your default browser anyway.
2) Next, install Free Download Manager and at the prompts uncheck the two buttons during the installation to install extra apps and fiddle with bittorrent settings, these aren't really needed. But do make sure you check the box that starts up FDM when you start up your PC.
3) Now install the DM-Bridge extension and at the options select FDM as your download manager, then click save and close.
4) Next head over to a site you want to get files from, for my example I will be using Interface Lift Wallpapers site
Interface Lift5) Right click on the page on a blank space and select what is shown below.
6) Next a box will be displayed showing all the links that are available on the webpage, as this is a gallery of images we need to filter the images to only be downloaded, this is fairly easy, select filter and enter jpg and choose what is shown below.
7) This should then only select images on the page to be downloaded, the problem is however it will also take the thumbnail pic which is very small and not really needed, so the top box is a list of all the images to be downloaded you can edit this to take the small images away, they should have a clue in the title that tells them apart from the larger images, this bit was quite tricky for me at first but I managed to figure it out.
8) Once you have selected what files you want you can also change directory if you want, then press ok and voila it will start downloading.
If you have a different page with different extensions just change the file type.