Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Open With - Change Default Program


05 Jun 2009   #69
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 
Open With - Change Default Program

How to Change the Default Program a File Type Opens With in Windows 7

...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2012   #70
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drugo View Post
thanks
but this doesn't work with VLC.exe and FLV extension
Hello Drugo,

Are you able to select the VLC media player in "Open with" instead?

In addition, in VLC media player, you can click on Tools (menu bar) and Preferences, then do what's in the screenshot below to set FLV to open with VLC media player.

Open With - Change Default Program-preferences.jpg




My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2012   #71
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Drugo,

Are you able to select the VLC media player in "Open with" instead?
yes

Quote:
In addition, in VLC media player, you can click on Tools (menu bar) and Preferences, then do what's in the screenshot below to set FLV to open with VLC media player.
i downloaded the zip file
i doesn't work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2012   #72
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

What ZIP file are youy referring to??

If you mean from the link below, then no it will not work since .flv files do not have a program associated to open with by default in Windows.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Were you able set VLC as the default for FLV files using the second part of my post above through the Tools -> Preferences menu?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2012   #73
drugo

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
What ZIP file are youy referring to??

If you mean from the link below, then no it will not work since .flv files do not have a program associated to open with by default in Windows.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Were you able set VLC as the default for FLV files using the second part of my post above through the Tools -> Preferences menu?
sorry
i downloaded vlc zip version
and it doesn't work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 May 2012   #74
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Give the exe version a try instead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Open With - Change Default Program




Tutorial Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33