How to Change the Size of the Details Pane in Windows 7
This will show you how to change the size of the Windows Explorer Details pane and it's preview image in Windows 7 and Vista.
The size you set for the details pane will be applied to all Windows Explorer windows until changed.
To Drag the Details Pane to Size
1. Open Windows Explorer, and select any file or folder.
NOTE: In Windows 7 libraries, you must select a file or folder in the library folder and not the library folder itself.
2. Move the mouse pointer over the top border line of the details pane until it turns into a double arrow. (see screenshot below step 3)
3. Left click and hold, then drag the top border line up and down until you have the details pane the size you like. (see screenshot below)
To Select a Size for the Details Pane
1. Open Windows ExplorerThat's it,
2. Right click on a empty space in the details pane, select Size, then click on either Small, Medium, or Large to check it for the size you want for the details pane. (see screenshot below)