How to Fix Gadgets not Displaying Correctly in Windows 7
If you have gadgets that are displaying on your Windows 7 desktop improperly as black, white, blank, or just messed up, then this will show you how to fix them.
You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to do this tutorial.
If you have a 3rd party firewall program installed, then also check to make sure that the gadgets are allowed in the firewall and are not being blocked in that program's exception settings.
EXAMPLE: Gadgets not displaying correctly
Automatically Using a BAT File Download
NOTE:This does the same thing as in OPTION TWO below, but automatically.
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save (if prompted), and save the .bat file to your desktop.
3. Right click on the downloaded .bat file and click on Run as administrator.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
5. You will see a command prompt flash open and close as the .bat file runs.
6. When finished, restart the computer to apply.
7. Check to see if the gadgets on your desktop are displaying correctly now. If not, then try uninstalling and reinstalling any gadgets that are still not displaying properly, or do a System Restore using a restore point dated before the problem.
Manually in a Elevated Command Prompt
NOTE:This does the same thing as in OPTION ONE above, but manually.
4. Check to see if the gadgets on your desktop are displaying correctly now. If not, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the still bad gadget, or do a System Restore using a restore point dated before the problem.
OH MAN!! thanks a lot lot lot lot, ive been looking for this solution since a long time ago, i was thinking of reformating my laptop but thanks to you now i dont have to do that really i appreciate your help. keep doing that
System Manufacturer/Model Number acer aspire 5935g OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 CPU intel(R)core(TM)2 duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz Motherboard intel gm45/gm47 revision 07 Memory 3 gb ddr3 Graphics Card ati radeon hd4570/512mb Monitor(s) Displays lop156wh2-tle1 15.3 flat Screen Resolution 1366x768
Mouse Optical Hard Drives OCZ-Agility3 60gig ssd
320gig external hdd
500gig external hdd Internet Speed 30Mbps Down/30Mbps Up
System Manufacturer/Model Number Self built OS Win7 Professional - lited edition & Zorin OS 4 (ubuntu) CPU Intel C2D E6600 (2.70 GHz OC'd) Motherboard ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Wi-Fi Memory 3 GB (mushkin) Graphics Card nVidia Point of View 8800GTS OC'd by BIOS flashing Sound Card Realtek HD Audio Integrated Monitor(s) Displays Wide Q.Bell QBL.19WM Screen Resolution 1440 x 900 (16:10)
Keyboard oem Mouse Logitech MX 1000 PSU 500W CHIEFTEC GPS-500A Case Coolermaster ELITE 330 (3 x fan) Cooling by air (CPU-Intel Retail Boxed, Case-NOCTUA NF-P12) Hard Drives spinpoints F1
Samsung HD322HJ (System, aired with Akasa AK-HD-BL hard drive cooler)
Samsung HD501LJ (Storage) Internet Speed up to 6down/1up Mb/s Other Info --CD/DVDW: TSSTcorp SH-S223F,TSSTcorp SH-S182M
--Logitech QuickCam Communciate STX
--Creative 5.1 Speaker System
--SkyStar2 TV PCI DVB-S
--Canon MP610 All in One
--Notebook Acer Aspire 5739G / Win 7 Professional