How to See the Last Shutdown Time of Your Windows PC
This will show you how to view the date, time, and user details of all shutdown (power off) computer events in Event Viewer in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to do this tutorial.
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type eventvwr.msc, and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes (Windows 7/8) or Continue (Vista).
3. In the left pane of Event Viewer, double click/tap on Windows Logs to expand it, click on System to select it, then right click on System, and click/tap on Filter Current Log. (see screenshot below)
4. Do either step 5 or 6 below for what shutdown events you would like to see.
5. To See the Dates and Times of All User Shut Downs of the Computer
A) Click/tap on the drop down arrow to the right of Event sources, check the USER32 box, and click/tap in the <All Event IDs> field. (see screenshots below)
B) In the <All Event IDs> field, type 1074, then click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
C) This will give you a list of power off (shutdown) and restartShutdown Type of events at the top of the middle pane in Event Viewer.
D) You can scroll through these listed events to find the events with power off as the Shutdown Type. You will notice the date and time, and what user was responsible for shutting down the computer per power off event listed. (see screenshot below) NOTE:The user is listed as Computer Name/User Name, such as Brink-PC\User-name for example.
E) Go to step 7.
6. To See the Dates and Times of All Unexpected Shut Downs of the Computer
A) In the <All Event IDs> field, type 6008, then click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)
B) This will give you a list of unexpected shutdown events at the top of the middle pane in Event Viewer. You can scroll through these listed events to see the the date and time of each one. (see screenshot below)
System Manufacturer/Model Number Gateway GT5268E OS Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1 CPU Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Motherboard OEM Memory 4GB 800MHz Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS Sound Card Onboard HD Audio with S/PDIF optical output Monitor(s) Displays Vizio M220VA (22" LCD TV) Screen Resolution 1920*1080
Keyboard OEM Mouse Logitech M-BZ96C PSU 285 watts Case OEM Cooling OEM Hard Drives 250GB SATA
1TB USB Internet Speed Depends on amount of ISP throttling at any given moment. Other Info APC XS1300 (shows my computer's average power draw is 145-155w); same UPS for second PC, but average power draw is only around 65-80w.
Second PC: HP SR5110NX, Win7 Pro 64, AMD Athon 3800+, 4GB 533MHz RAM, Onboard graphics, 17" CRT display @1280*1024, 200w PSU, 250GB boot hdd, 640GB USB HDD.