How to Create a "Add Printer" Wizard Shortcut in Windows 7 and Vista
This will show you how to create or download a Add Printer wizard shortcut in Windows 7 and Vista.
EXAMPLE: Add Printer Wizard
To Download the "Add Printer" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Add Printer shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Add Printer shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button.
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
To Manually Create the "Add Printer" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
rundll32.exe SHELL32.DLL,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL AddPrinter
3. Type Add Printer for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Add Printer shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste in the location below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (see screenshot below)
9. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.