How to Use Small or Large Icons in IE9 and IE10
This will show you how to get large icons in the address bar and Favorites/Command bar in IE9 and IE10.
With large icons:
With small icons:
To Use Small or Large Icons in IE using a REG File Download
1.Do step 2 or 3 below for what you would like to do.
2. To Use Small Icons in Internet Explorer
NOTE: This is the default setting.
A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.3. To Use Large Icons in Internet Explorer
A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.4. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to Merge it.
6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK.
7. Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
To Use Small or Large Icons in IE Manually in Registry Editor
1. Open up the registry editor from the start menu search - Enter regedit. That's it.
2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\CommandBar.
3. On the right hand side panel, right click on the "SmallIcons" value and click on Modify. Change the value from 1 to 0.
If the value does not exist there, create it.
Right click on the empty space below the other entries, and click on New - DWORD (32-bit) Value to make a new value.
Name it SmallIcons, and leave the value at 0.
4. Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
To change back to small icons, change the value to 1, or delete the value.
Close and reopen Internet Explorer.