How to Upload to Windows Live SkyDrive from Windows 7 Desktop
If you have a windows live account then you'll love this!
If you don't, get one, the free 25GB
I'll show you how to set up your PC to upload your files directly to Windows SkyDrive through the 'send to' context menu.
Firstly you'll need the free starter edition of Gladinet cloud Desktop 2.
When it's finished downloading, install it. You'll see that it's added a new network location
in Computer NOTE: During installation, please use a drive letter towards the end of the alphabet
Double click the new entry
and you can set up SkyDrive 4.
As we're using SkyDrive, pick that from the drop down list and name your drive.
Create a safe card for login, use your Windows Live credentials
Choose whether you want the directory to open when finish and click on finish
Once it's finished you'll see SkyDrive's directory in Windows Explorer is the same in web-based SkyDrive.
- You can now drag & drop items up to 50MB into the folders and it'll upload instantly to SkyDrive.
- Next, we're going to add the folders to the 'send to' context menu.
Open an explorer windows and in the address bar
- You'll see all the entries to the send to context menu here.
Open another explorer windows and navigate to your SkyDrive folder. For example, i'm going to use my Pictures folder. Right click and drag
the folder you want in the send to context menu to create a shortcut.
- You can rename the new shortcut if you want.
- Now, when you want to send some files to SkyDrive, right click the item, go to send to and then choose your new entry.
That's all folks