| | Connect To Shortcut - Create in Windows 7
How to Create a "Connect To" Shortcut in Windows 7
EXAMPLE: Connect To
This will show you how to create or download a Connect To
shortcut that opens the same "Currently connected to" pop-up as when you click on the Network system icon
on the taskbar.
To Download the "Connect To" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Connect To shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Connect To shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button.
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Connect To" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste either location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Connect To for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Connect To shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (see screenshot below)
9. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.