How to Create a Shortcut that Opens Directly to "Disc Playback" in Windows Media Center
This will show you how to download or create a shortcut that will start Windows Media Center in full screen mode and begins playback of the CD/DVD in the drive in Windows 7 or Vista.
Windows Media Center is not available in Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic editions.
EXAMPLE: Disc Playback in Windows Media Center
To Download the "Media Center - Disc Playback" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Media Center - Disc Playback shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Media Center - Disc Playback shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button.
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Media Center - Disc Playback" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Media Center - Disc Playback for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.