How to Create a Shortcut that Opens Directly to the "Picture Library" in Windows Media Center
This will show you how to download or create a shortcut that will open directly to the Picture Library in Windows Media Center in Windows 7 or Vista.
Windows Media Center is not available in Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic editions.
EXAMPLE: Picture Library in Windows Media Center
To Download the "Media Center - Picture Library" Shortcut
NOTE: If you would like a version of this shortcut that opens Windows Media Center in full screen, then see OPTION TWO below instead.
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Media Center - Picture Library shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Media Center - Picture Library shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button.
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Media Center - Picture Library" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste either location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /homepage:PhotosBrowsePage.xml /PushStartPage:True
(To open in full screen)
%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /directmedia:pictures
3. Type Media Center - Picture Library for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.