How to Hide or Show Desktop Gadgets in Windows 7
This will show you how to easily hide or show all gadgets on your desktop in Windows 7.
Hide or Show Desktop Gadgets from Desktop Context Menu
1. Right click on a empty area of the desktop, and do either step 2 or 3 below for what you want.
2. To Show All Desktop Gadgets
A) Click on Show Desktop Gadgets to check it. (See screenshot below step 3)3. To Hide All Desktop Gadgets
A) Click on Show Desktop Gadgets to uncheck it. (See screenshot below)
B) Save your current theme to help prevent these settings from being reset after you log off and on, or restart the computer.
Hide or Show Desktop Gadgets with a REG File Download
1. To Show All Desktop Gadgets
A) Click on the download button below to download the file below.2. To Hide All Desktop Gadgets
Show_Desktop_Gadgets.regB) Go to step 3.
A) Click on the download button below to download the file below.3. Click on Save, and save the .reg file to the Desktop.
4. Right click on the downloaded .reg file and click on Merge.
NOTE: You can also double click on the .reg file to merge it instead.
5. Click on the Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted to approve.
6. Log off and log on, or restart the computer to apply the changes.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you would like to.