2. In the left blue pane, click on the Change screen saver link. (see screenshot below)
3. Close the Display window. (see screenshot above)
4. Go to step 4 in OPTION TWO below.
To Change the Screen Saver in "Personalization" Settings for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise
1. Right click or press an hold on an empty space on the desktop, and click/tap on Personalize. (see screenshot below)
2. Click/tap on the Screen Saver link at the bottom of the window. (see screenshot below) NOTE:Under Screen Saver is the name of the screen saver in gray used in your current theme.
3. Close the Personalization window. (see screenshot above)
4. Under Screen saver, click/tap on the drop down menu and select a listed screen saver that you would like to use in your current theme, and click/tap on the Apply button. (see screenshots below) NOTE:To create your own screen saver, select Photo and click/tap on the Settings button to browse to the image you want to use as the screen saver.
5.To Change the Screen Saver Settings NOTE:Not all screen savers will have settings available for them.
A) Click/tap on the Settings button and make the adjustments to the setting to what you like. (see screenshot below step 4)
B) If available, change the screen saver settings to how you want. (see right screenshot below)
C) Click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)
6. To Preview a Screen Saver
A) Click/tap on the Preview button to start the selected screen saver from step 4. (see screenshots below step 4) NOTE:Just press a keyboard key or move the mouse to stop the screen saver preview.
7. Set your screen saver timeout period for how many minutes you want for how much idle time must elapse before the screen saver is launched.
9. When finished, click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below step 4)
To Manually Change Screen Saver in Registry Editor for Windows 7 and Windows 8
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
4. In the right pane of the Desktop key in regedit, double click/tap on the SCRNSAVE.EXE string value to modify it. (see screenshot above) NOTE:If the SCRNSAVE.EXE string value is not there, then right click on a empty space in the right pane of the Desktop key,click/tap on New and String Value, type SCRNSAVE.EXE, and press Enter.
5. Type in the full path of the .scr screen saver file that you want as your screen saver, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below) NOTE:Be sure that the name of the .scr screen saver file does not contain any spaces in it. If it does, rename the .scr screen saver file first so that it doesn't.
6. In the right pane of the Desktop key in regedit, double click/tap on the ScreenSaveTimeOut string value to modify it. (see screenshot above) NOTE:If the ScreenSaveTimeOut string value is not there, then right click on a empty space in the right pane of the Desktop key, click/tap on New and String Value, type ScreenSaveTimeOut, and press Enter.
7. Type in how many seconds (ex: 300 for 5 minutes) in minute increments (60 seconds = 1 minute) that you want for how much idle time must elapse before the screen saver is launched, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 3) NOTE:Be sure that the name of the .scr screen saver file does not contain any spaces in it. If it does, rename the .scr screen saver file first so that it doesn't.
I got here originally through a google search for the terms "3planesoft screensaver" "Windows 7" "help". I saw you had a note suggesting this company's screensavers and so I assume you have some experience with them.
I have been trying to get these screensavers to run on my Windows 7 machine for a while now. They worked great on my old XP machine, but something seems to be screwing them up in 7. I moved the files to the System32 folder as you suggested, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.
The 3Planesoft screensaver manager will now recognize and allow me to preview the included-with-Windows screensavers also in the System32 folder, but won't allow me to change settings or preview (or view in any form) the 3Planesoft screensavers available for download. Do you have any ideas about why it might be that they won't initialize?
Hiyya Shawn - have a little problem with the laptop (one of many) the screen saver will not work and as per the tut pics has - none listed.
Am running Pro 64bit on a Toshiba L550 - i5 430m @2.27GHz and 4GB and it is quite maddening that it will not give me a saver and stays in the desktop screen at all times when not browsing of course . Any fixes please?
Ok, so you do have screen savers listed and selected without "none listed".
Since this involves both sleep and screen saver, it sounds like something is running (ex: in the background) or connected that may be preventing your computer from actually being idle for it to go to sleep or run the screen saver. As a test, disconnect everthing that you are able to from the computer. Also test by temporarily disabling your AV program, security program(s), and anything else that may be running to see if any of them may be preventing your computer from being idle. Since your computer has become idle, the index may have started to run in the background to update itself and be preventing sleep and screen saver until it's finished and the appropriate idle time passes before they happen.
System Manufacturer/Model Number HP Pavilion dv7 OS Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit CPU AMD Phenom II triple core Motherboard not sure Memory 4 G Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Sound Card ATI HDMI Monitor(s) Displays notebook
PSU not sure Case laptop Hard Drives NTFS 298 G
NTFS 275 G