How to Change "Aurora Screen Saver" Settings in Windows 7 and Windows 8
By default the Aurora screen saver has no settings to set in the Screen Saver Settings window in Windows 7 and Windows 8. However, you can change the Aurora screen saver settings through the registry instead. This will show you how to.
The default location of the Aurora screen saver file is at: NOTE:In Windows 7, the Aurora, Windows Logo, and Windows Energyscreen savers are no longer available.
You will just need to play with the settings below and adjust the Value Data (step 8) until you get the desired affect from the selected DWORD Name (step 5).
EXAMPLE: Aurora Screen Saver
To Restore the Default Aurora Settings
1. Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below.
2.Save the .reg file to the desktop.
3. Double click/tap on the extracted the .reg file to merge it.
4. Click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK if prompted.
5. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
To Customize the Aurora Settings in Registry Editor
1. Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter. (See screensshot below)
5. In the right pane, right click or press and hold on an empty area, and click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value. (See screenshot above)
6. Type in a DWORD Name from the table below that you want to change and press Enter.
500000000 to 2000000000
Higher value number for a slower slow motion affect.
1000000000 to 1050000000
Higher value number for brighter affect.
1 to 15
Number of aurora layers.
1000000000 to 2100000000
Higher value number for faster cycling.
7. Double click/tap on the DWORD Name (from step 6) to modify it.
8. Dot Decimal, and type in the Value Data you want in the table above, and click/tap on OK. (See example screenshot below)
9. Repeat steps 5 to 8 to change another available DWORD Name option. NOTE:You can add and customize one, a few, or all of the available options if you like (see table below step 6), but only add one instance of each DWORD Name in step 5 to prevent problems.
System Manufacturer/Model Number Dell Dimension e520 OS Windows 7 Ultimate Beta 32bit, Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Ubuntu 8.04 32bit CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86GHz Memory 4gb DDR2 4200 533mHz Graphics Card NVIDIA 7300 LE Sound Card SigmaTel High Def Audio Screen Resolution 1360x768
Keyboard Dell Multi-media Keyboard PSU 305W Cooling Fan