How to Change the "Ribbons Screen Saver" Settings in Windows 7 and Windows 8
By default the Ribbons screen saver has no settings to set in the Screen Saver Settings window in Windows 7 and Windows 8. However, you can change the Ribbons screen saver settings through the registry instead. This will show you how to.
The default location of the Ribbons screen saver file is at C:\Windows\System32\Ribbons.scr.
You will just need to play with the settings below and adjust the Value Data (step 8) until you get the desired affect from the selected DWORD Name (step 5).
EXAMPLE: Ribbons Screen Saver
To Restore the Default Ribbons Settings
1. Click on the download button below to download the file below.
2.Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3. Double click/tap on the extracted the .reg file to merge it.
4. Click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK if prompted.
5. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
To Customize the Ribbons Settings
1. Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and press Enter. (See screensshot below)
4. In the right pane, right click or press and hold on an empty area, and click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value. (See screenshot above)
5. Type in a DWORD Name from the table below that you want to change, and press Enter.
0 or 1
For ribbon fade away. Set this value to 1 to enable, 0 to disable and let them draw on top of each other.
1 to 100
For more or less ribbons on screen. Higher value number for more ribbons.
1000000000 to 1080000000
For thinner or thicker ribbons. Higher value number for thicker ribbons.
6. Double click/tap on the DWORD Name (from step 6) to modify it.
7. Dot Decimal, type in the Value Data you want in the table above, and click/tap on OK. (See example screenshot below)
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 to change another available DWORD Name option. NOTE:You can add and customize one, a few, or all of the available options if you like (see table below step 5), but only add one instance of each DWORD Name in step 4 to prevent problems.