If all options below fail to reset the password, then you may need to reinstall Windows 7.
To avoid not being able to log on due to a forgotton or lost password, be sure to write down you user account's user name and password, then store it in a safe place for when needed. Another great option is to create a Password Reset Disk.
To Reset Password Using an Administrator Account
NOTE:This option will allow you to change or remove the password of a user account while logged in an administrator account.
1. Use either tutorial below to change or remove the password of the user account.
To Reset Password Using "Offline NT Password and Registry Editor"
1. For how, see this site: Offline NT Password and Registry Editor NOTE: If you do not have access to your computer, then you can create the boot CD/DVD or USB key drive on another computer and use it on your computer.
2. At that site, click the Bootdisk button at the top of that website. (see screenshot below)
3. Scroll down to the Download section, and download the lastest ZIP file version for a bootable CD/DVD or USB image. (see screenshot below)
4. Extract (drag and drop) the .iso file from the downloaded ZIP file to your desktop, then use something like the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive with the ISO file. NOTE:You can also use any ISO burner program you like. For example, ISO Recorder or ImgBurn.
5. Next, you would just need to follow the instructions from their website on how to use the bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive to reset the user account's password at boot.
When you said "using BitLocker Drive Encryption on your Windows 7 drive", that means only the drive where I installed Windows Files, or it will also not work if I have other BitLocker-encrypted drive? I mean, if my Drive E is encrypted, can I still access it? Help.
System Manufacturer/Model Number Acer OS Windows 7 Ultimate x32 CPU Intel® Core™ i3-370M processor Motherboard Acer Aspire 4741 Memory 1781 MB Graphics Card Intel® HD Graphics with 128 MB of dedicated system memory Sound Card Realtek High Definition Monitor(s) Displays Raster Display
PSU ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard 3-pin 65 W AC adapter Case Plastic Cooling External fan Hard Drives 500 GB