How to Change the Default Download Location in Google Chrome
This tutorial will show you how to change the default download location that Google Chrome saves at to be where you like.
You could also specify to have Google Chrome ask where to save each file before downloading.
1. In Chrome, click/tap on the Chrome menu button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)
2. In the Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom, and click/tap on the Show advanced settings link. (see screenshot below)
3. Scroll down more, and under Downloads, click/tap on the Change button. (see screenshot below)
4. Navigate to and select a folder or library that you would like to be the default download location, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: By default, the download location is your C:\Users\(user-name)\Downloads folder.
5. If you would like Chrome to ask where to save each file before downloading, then check this box under Downloads. (see screenshot under step 3)
NOTE: When you are asked, the Save As dialog will open to your set default download location, but you will still be able to select where you like instead.
6. When finished, you can close the Settings tab if you like.